Condition Needed - Money waiting on the ladder 'X' ticks away

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Dabbla

This file does what I described. It contains 3 rules but you could put all the SVs into 1 rule.
The file will scan the best back/lay price then the next 5 ticks.
(DATA) MONEY SCAN (FV).baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eatyourgreens

Hi callum,
If you try Dabblas idea and get it working, please post back how, because at the moment I dont quite understand it so I would be interested myself for future ref.

Another thought about the 12 sv's in the original rules file, I think that can be compressed to 8 (4back and 4 lay) the condition "lay price = back price +1 , tests if there is a gap between back and lay prices, so, by default, if there is no gap between back and lay, there must be money available at those prices ...........so those sv's may not be needed ????
have a play and see what you come up with! :-)

good luck!
CallumPerry

eatyourgreens wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:46 pm
Hi callum,
If you try Dabblas idea and get it working, please post back how, because at the moment I dont quite understand it so I would be interested myself for future ref.
Will do! I'll also download your latest version at some point today and tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Only ever stuck to Excel up until about a year ago and i'm just now appreciating how much automation can do. Still much to learn!
Dabbla

eatyourgreens wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:46 pm
I have added a file, its at the bottom of the last page if you want to have a look.
CallumPerry

eatyourgreens wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:17 pm

Hi,
I have been thinking about the mk2, and it is probably not going to be very useful. I have since realised that the 2nd best price and 3rd best price (with money available) could really be anywhere on the ladder, they could easily be many ticks away from the current best lay price, so please only test in practice mode.
sorry if I have misled you with this one! :-(

stay safe!
I am finally at the stage with my bot where I'd like to revisit this and actually implement it soon. I have managed to condense the rules to two ([ON] and [OFF]) rules which I am happy to share but first, any thoughts on how to make sure there are no gaps?

Like eatyourgreens pointed out, the i.e. 3rd best lay price could be anywhere on the ladder. Any way of checking it is only three ticks away from the best lay price? The bot is on my other laptop so I can share what I have tomorrow but I was hoping somebody had an idea to check for the gap before I add it to the finished thing?
Vovsen

CallumPerry wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:57 pm
I am finally at the stage with my bot where I'd like to revisit this and actually implement it soon. I have managed to condense the rules to two ([ON] and [OFF]) rules which I am happy to share but first, any thoughts on how to make sure there are no gaps?

Like eatyourgreens pointed out, the i.e. 3rd best lay price could be anywhere on the ladder. Any way of checking it is only three ticks away from the best lay price? The bot is on my other laptop so I can share what I have tomorrow but I was hoping somebody had an idea to check for the gap before I add it to the finished thing?
Here is another 2 threads about this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23650&p=266490#p266490

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23747

In order to check that the 3rd best lay price is three ticks away from the best lay price, you would use same stored values approach as Dabbla, eatyourgreens or in those posts have been described.

Then conditions similar to these:

The Lay Price is equal to SV LayPrice+3 minus 3ticks
or/and
The SV LayPrice+3 is equal to Lay Price plus 3 ticks

And if you include conditions for money waiting at these prices, including LayPrice+1 and LayPrice+2, you can make sure there is no gap.

But it would be great if there was an easier way to check or measure the distance/gaps between Best, 2nd Best etc. - It has been suggested a couple of times in the past
CallumPerry

Thank you for the reply Vovsen, I will have a think tomorrow if it's possible to include these in simply two rules (on/off) as I currently have with the previous help and share the file.
CallumPerry

Mind The Gap - BACK.baf
Thank you again Vovsen, the best I can do is get it down to five rules for both Back/Lay (on/off x2 and a stored values rule) which will work for me, for now. I can see you and others have requested having the 'X' best back/lay prices as a condition in the past so I hope this does get added one day to streamline my files too. Now, to add this to my decision matrix template ... what else are Sundays for :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”