Next bet only, if the previous bets hedged

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
rain91

i have a matched back bet. I place a green lay bet. When it is failed, for example only half of the stake was matched, how can i green again? I will place the next back bet, if on the selection the stakes have been hedged fully. It doesnt matter, if the profit + or -.

Any solution?
Derek27

rain91 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:21 pm
i have a matched back bet. I place a green lay bet. When it is failed, for example only half of the stake was matched, how can i green again? I will place the next back bet, if on the selection the stakes have been hedged fully. It doesnt matter, if the profit + or -.

Any solution?
I would suggest triggering the greenup rule several times at intervals. If you've already greened-up it will be ignored.

Here's a rule I use to display a Guardian alert when when the P/L of the first two in Betfair order are equal +/- 10 pence. You can change the alert to a signal/SV and changed the selection numbers, and then use the signal to trigger your next bet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rain91

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:28 pm
rain91 wrote:

Any solution?
I would suggest triggering the greenup rule several times at intervals. If you've already greened-up it will be ignored.

Here's a rule I use to display a Guardian alert when when the P/L of the first two in Betfair order are equal +/- 10 pence. You can change the alert to a signal/SV and changed the selection numbers, and then use the signal to trigger your next bet.
Hi Derek27,

thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the BAF file not compatible with my BA Version, i can't import this.
I think you use this condition:

Close Trade Profit Condition greather than 10 pence and less than 10 pence?

This only means that the PL on the selection is greater than or less than 0.1$. In this case, if i have a matched BACK bet at 10 with 1$ stake and a matched LAY bet at 8 with 1.25$ (PL = +0.25$), the guardian will GREEN again. But this 2 bets have been hedged.

My case:
Matched BACK bet at 10 with 1$, matched LAY bet at 8 but ony with 0.5$. This is not hedged, i need yet hedge with a lay bet.

If fully hedged, the other 0.75$ at 8 (or at any odds with any bet) matched, i will place my next BACK bet on the selection. Only, if fully hedged all bets on the selection. Doesnt matter, my PL is +/- 1000$, the point is to be fully hedged :)

Or i may misunderstand the "Close Trade Profit Condition"?
Derek27

rain91 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:52 am
Derek27 wrote:
rain91 wrote:

Any solution?

Hi Derek27,

thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the BAF file not compatible with my BA Version, i can't import this.

This only means that the PL on the selection is greater than or less than 0.1$. In this case, if i have a matched BACK bet at 10 with 1$ stake and a matched LAY bet at 8 with 1.25$ (PL = +0.25$), the guardian will GREEN again. But this 2 bets have been hedged.

My case:
Matched BACK bet at 10 with 1$, matched LAY bet at 8 but ony with 0.5$. This is not hedged, i need yet hedge with a lay bet.

If fully hedged, the other 0.75$ at 8 (or at any odds with any bet) matched, i will place my next BACK bet on the selection. Only, if fully hedged all bets on the selection. Doesnt matter, my PL is +/- 1000$, the point is to be fully hedged :)

No, it's the difference between two selections that must be greater than -0.10 and less than +0.10, in other words, the position's fully hedged allowing for the fact that you can't hedge fractions of a penny. You could use the rule to test if you've greened and green again if not.

In your example, when only $0.50 of your $1.25 lay at 8 is matched, surely the remaining $0.75 will still be on the exchange waiting to be matched, or do you mean green up at a higher price before firing another back bet?
rain91

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:31 am
rain91 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:52 am
Derek27 wrote:

Hi Derek27,

My case:

No, it's the difference between two selections that must be greater than -0.10 and less than +0.10, in other words, the position's fully hedged allowing for the fact that you can't hedge fractions of a penny. You could use the rule to test if you've greened and green again if not.

In your example, when only $0.50 of your $1.25 lay at 8 is matched, surely the remaining $0.75 will still be on the exchange waiting to be matched, or do you mean green up at a higher price before firing another back bet?
The remaining $ 0.75 sometimes will be cancelled in my strategy, it depends on several things. If this cancelled, i place later another bet on the selection, with green again (at reserve best market price)

What version use you? I will open your rule file, to better understand.

+1 question:
I will place simple bets on the selections, if the condition meet (but only 1 times / selections) -> in this case i cant use trigger: 1, because the trigger doesnt count per selections.

If my condition meet on any selection, the guardian place many bets, but i need only 1 bet per selections. At the conditions i cannot specify "Number of matched bets on the selection", because it always different. Is there a solution?

(In spreadsheet these are not a problem for me, but I want to switch to guardian because it is faster and more accurate)

Thank you!
Derek27

rain91 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:12 pm
The remaining $ 0.75 sometimes will be cancelled in my strategy, it depends on several things. If this cancelled, i place later another bet on the selection, with green again (at reserve best market price)

What version use you? I will open your rule file, to better understand.

+1 question:
I will place simple bets on the selections, if the condition meet (but only 1 times / selections) -> in this case i cant use trigger: 1, because the trigger doesnt count per selections.

If my condition meet on any selection, the guardian place many bets, but i need only 1 bet per selections. At the conditions i cannot specify "Number of matched bets on the selection", because it always different. Is there a solution?

(In spreadsheet these are not a problem for me, but I want to switch to guardian because it is faster and more accurate)

Thank you!
I'm using the latest beta version: viewtopic.php?p=276643#p276643

You can use the "close trade on selection with greening" rule and on the parameter tab select "reverse market price". When you fire a rule to cancel the bet you can set a signal to trigger the greening rule.
rain91

I checked your automation file, i understand :)

But it compares two runners. Can i reduce it for one runner? For example, my matched bets:

on selection 1: BACK bet at @5 with $1 stake. LAY bet at @5.2 with $0.96 - fully hedged, i want trigger it, for example store a value: "hedged selection 1"
on selection 2: BACK bet at @10 with $1 stake. LAY bet at @8 with $0.8 - not hedged yet, i dont want trigger
Derek27

rain91 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:10 pm
I checked your automation file, i understand :)

But it compares two runners. Can i reduce it for one runner? For example, my matched bets:

on selection 1: BACK bet at @5 with $1 stake. LAY bet at @5.2 with $0.96 - fully hedged, i want trigger it, for example store a value: "hedged selection 1"
on selection 2: BACK bet at @10 with $1 stake. LAY bet at @8 with $0.8 - not hedged yet, i dont want trigger
You need to compare the selection's P/L to a runner that you haven't traded to see if you've hedged (to check that they're equal). Have you considered the other, easier option of just greening at best or reverse best price when you want to cancel?
Dallas

I haven't read all the thread so may have missed something but on the OP question to ensure your back bet only triggers when you've fully greened up you could just add a Stored Value condition as below to the back bet rule
SV Condition.JPG
It just needs to compare its P/L against any other runner (I've used 5th fav but any will do)

If you want to allow a little leaway in case the greening is uneven by a few pence you can add that adjustment at the bottom of the condition
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rain91

Thanks for the reply, this is in line with what Derek also said.

but I would like you to check the stake distribution per runner.

on selection 1: BACK bet at @5 with $1 stake. LAY bet at @5.2 with $0.96 - fully hedged, i want trigger it, for example store a value: "hedged selection 1", ready for the next bet on this selection
on selection 2: BACK bet at @10 with $1 stake. LAY bet at @8 with $0.8 - not hedged yet ($0.45 unmatched), i dont want trigger. I wait for match the remaining stake ifor match.

Is this possible? : ) i think it's already more complicated
Dallas

rain91 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:27 pm
Thanks for the reply, this is in line with what Derek also said.

but I would like you to check the stake distribution per runner.

on selection 1: BACK bet at @5 with $1 stake. LAY bet at @5.2 with $0.96 - fully hedged, i want trigger it, for example store a value: "hedged selection 1", ready for the next bet on this selection
on selection 2: BACK bet at @10 with $1 stake. LAY bet at @8 with $0.8 - not hedged yet ($0.45 unmatched), i dont want trigger. I wait for match the remaining stake ifor match.

Is this possible? : ) i think it's already more complicated
I assume you close trade with greening rule is set to trigger several times?

Effectively all your looking for then is there to be no unmatched bets on a selection before the back bet rule re-triggers, so on your back bet rule just a
'Unmatched bets condition on selection is = 0'

Or depending on the rest of your file you might want to insert a delay ie, so the back bet triggers if there has been no unmatched bets for more than 3 secs, giving the close trade rule plenty of chance to do its job
rain91

Yes, my close bet is a greening command on the best reserve market price.

I want to make more bets on a selection. So a BACK-LAY pair, if hedged, coming the next BACK, and LAY, etc.

If i see only the unmatched bets, it is not good for me. If my BACK bet placed at @3 with $5 stake, and the LAY bet placed at @2 with $1.2, but only matched $0.5, i need cancel the remaining bet, and re-place on other odds. After the cancelling i have 0 unmatched bet, but yet not hedged.

i think i need to switch back to excel.
Dallas

rain91 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:48 am
Yes, my close bet is a greening command on the best reserve market price.

I want to make more bets on a selection. So a BACK-LAY pair, if hedged, coming the next BACK, and LAY, etc.

If i see only the unmatched bets, it is not good for me. If my BACK bet placed at @3 with $5 stake, and the LAY bet placed at @2 with $1.2, but only matched $0.5, i need cancel the remaining bet, and re-place on other odds. After the cancelling i have 0 unmatched bet, but yet not hedged.

i think i need to switch back to excel.
It sounds like you are over thinking and over complicating a straight forward process, using a condition/s like
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/unm ... _time.html
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/fil ... _time.html

Maybe just start from the beginning think through your logic of exactly what you want to achieve and what could possible happen then begin adding the condition/s needed

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”