Import Teams, Runners, Fixtures, Players, Jockeys from your own List to Trigger Bets on

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Dallas

If you have an automated betting/trading strategy that requires the importing of selections, fixtures, teams etc from your own source to trigger your bets/alerts on Bet Angel now makes it easier than ever – so easy anyone can do it!.

Bet Angel actually provides several ways for you to import your own selection, team, fixture lists etc, and one of the other simple ways of doing it is detailed in this blog post
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/impo ... bet-angel/

The way I’m about to show only requires you know how to use ‘Copy and Paste’, (which just about every Windows user should know how to do but if not I’ve still included illustrated steps further down) and using that in just a few clicks each day you can import things like your daily tips you may have downloaded or had sent to you, or selections your model has produced ie, which teams are most likely to score (or not score) goals in there next fixture, or players/runners based on their recent stats you might be collecting.

In short with Bet Angel V1.57 anyone can now import selection, teams, fixtures, runners, players etc from any source list, this could be a .csv, .txt, .xlsm, email etc, it doesn’t matter as long as you can right click copy from the source and paste it into another window.

Creating the Stored Values

The first part does require a few minutes to set up the first time, but after that when it comes to importing your selections, teams, fixtures etc this is done as fast as you can ‘copy, paste’ and click save again.

So first you are going to need a ‘Set/Modify Stored Value’ rule, to store the market data you need to compare against your list. In the image below I’ve created a rule that will store ALL the information there is, but you may just need to store one or two pieces of information from each market.

SV Full.JPG

When that rule is applied to market you can see how it grabs all the market information you asked for and stores each part against your Stored Value name, ie, your Stored Value named; event_name = Liverpool V Leeds

Guardian Football.JPG

Depending on the type of market not all information is available, in the image above of a match odds football market there is no Venue Name, Jockey Name or Trainer Name available.

But in other markets like the horse racing win market all these are present but there is no Competition Name for this type of market

Guardian Racing.JPG
Remember you only need to create a stored value for the market information you need from that market type, so if you are only triggering bets on football teams from specfic leagues then you’ll probably just want to store something like the ‘Event Name’ and ‘Competition Name’.

I have also create a rules file which will store all the values you will need so if you are a bit unsure still of making your own rule here you can simply download the one I’ve made and use whichever of the stored values you need, the rest can either be ignored or deleted as required.

The rules file can be downloaded from this post
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=24463

Adding a Text Comparison Condition

Now all that’s needed is a way to compare your list against those stored value names, and this is done simply by adding a ‘Text Comparison’ to your betting or alert rule/s.

This condition on your rule/s will test the stored value/s you’ve created against your list of fixtures, teams, runners, jockeys etc or whatever you’ve copy and pasted into the area provided.

The first part of the condition needs the Stored Value name you want to test your list against, below that you can use one of the options select how the list is to be tested

Text Cond.JPG

In the image below I’ve now configured the ‘Text Comparison’ condition to test for Stored Values on the market named ‘event_name’, and in the ‘Text Items’ pasted a list of teams from my spreadsheet model

Text Cond3.JPG

This rule will now only be able to trigger on the teams which appear in your ‘Text Item’ list, this list can now be left as it and the rules file applied to all the markets each day/week and it will only trigger on those teams in that list.

Or it could be edited/updated on a regular or daily basis if your teams change, ie, perhaps you are getting tips from somewhere or have a poisson distribution model or similar on a spreadsheet you use which spits out an updated list of teams that a good for your strategy.

Or may be you have a backing strategy for tennis markets and want to use weekly server stats to target your rule/s on the current top 10 servers or receivers.

Ready to Go

So once you have your automation file including the stored value rule and Text Comparison condition/s on the appropriate rules set up and saved, all you need to do each time you want to update your list is copy and paste it from a .csv, .xlsx, .txt file or even a email etc and paste it into the ‘Text Comparison’ condition/s.

Below I have a .xlsm file which updates the Server and Return data for each ATP and WTA player on a weekly basis,
I also have a rule that triggers on the top servers, so at the start of each week I can just update my list as follows
Step 1 Right-click on the players from the source list (here I’m importing this weeks top 20 ATP servers)
Copy.JPG

Step 2 Right-click in the ‘Item List’ of the ‘Text Comparison’ condition and click paste

Paste1.JPG

Job done! Your list has been updated with the latest list of players to trigger on during this weeks matches, that automation file can now be applied to all your market every each day and it will only trigger on the players in that list (and when any other conditions used have been met).

Ready-Made Files

The shared files section on the Bet Angel forum contains several examples of rules files and strategy’s which use a ‘list’ to trigger bets/trades on, some of the examples which you can find include;
Bet on Front Three in Betting if Ridden by a Top 10 Jockey - viewtopic.php?f=56&t=24463

There are even more creative examples like this one which will trigger on runners in the front 3 of the betting if it has a specified Jockey/Trainer combo - viewtopic.php?f=52&t=24416

And this one which will trigger on your list of Football teams if playing a domestic league match at home and are the Favourites - LINK Coming Soon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”