Laying In-Play at higher odds

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Hanson36

Hello,

Is it possible to lay a certain horse in-play when it reaches odds of between 50-65 for example? I've tried no end of rules but with no success.

Thanks
Shaung89

Have you any more details on this?

- Are you trying to lay any horse when it reaches 50?
- What if the horse has an SP of 50, do you want to lay it as soon as the race starts?
- Do you only want to lay @ 50 (what happens if not matched)?
- Are there any additional conditions to help identify the horses you want to lay?
Hanson36

- Are you trying to lay any horse when it reaches 50?
No, an horse of my selection
- What if the horse has an SP of 50, do you want to lay it as soon as the race starts?
Starting odds will be much lower than 50
- Do you only want to lay @ 50 (what happens if not matched)?
Anywhere between certain odds so it does get matched, 50-80 for example.
- Are there any additional conditions to help identify the horses you want to lay?
No, just the horse(s) i want to select
Shaung89

You need to create a rule file which will place a bet on a 'guardian nominated selection' with condition that last traded price greater than 50.

This would be a starting point.
Derek27

You could have a rule that fires when the back price is >=50. Then fire a lay bet at higher odds to increase the chances of getting matched, but you won't always get matched in a fast moving market.
ilovepizza82

Dont do it. Its a silly way to lose your money really quick.
Been there, done that. Was burnt way too many times to know its not a good path.You would lose A LOT of money.
rik

This is a great strategy you can win A LOT of money, horse that goes up to 50 almost never wins, maybe 1 in 1000 you ask yourself why price went all the way up of course there is a reason
Dallas

Hanson36 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:09 am
Hello,

Is it possible to lay a certain horse in-play when it reaches odds of between 50-65 for example? I've tried no end of rules but with no success.

Thanks
Rule needs applying to 'Guardian Nominated Selection 1' (you can then pick the horse its to trigger on each race from the main Guardian market list)

Then you just need a 'Fixed Odds Condition' or two of them if you want to create a range to trigger a rule in
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/fixed_odds.html

Or you could use a Servant
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=16235

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”