Newbie Needing Help with Automation - Please

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Dallas

FrankArch wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:19 pm
Hi Dallas,

I set the bot to trigger 5 times rearming every 3 secs and ended up with 5 back bets. How do I tell the system to only retrigger if not matched??? please
It's just the green up rule that needs arming multiple times, each time it triggers it will cancel any unmatched bets (inc, the previous green up order) so by the time the the new order arrives in the market the previous one will be gone.

There might be a rare time when your bets starts to get matched just as it triggers another green up order, in which case when this new bet arrives if it gets matched it will open a new position, but providing the rule still has triggers remaining it will then fire again and hopefully that one will green you up
Dallas

FrankArch wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:26 pm
Hi Dallas,

I am still having an issue with the bot somtimes kicking in and sometimes not. Most recently I am running the same bot in two opened version of BA (as per one of your posts regarding multiple Automation) with different lay criteria and ended up with one of them kicking in and the other not.was working fine to begin with showing me the different results I wanted to see. They both have identical selections just diffrent criteria for the green bet. Any ideas please.
If they have different lay criteria then you'd expect them not to always trigger at the same time

Also are you using practice mode or live?
If live mode and you are logging in with the same Betfair username then the two files will be conflicting, ie, both laying and greening up the same runner around the same time.
FrankArch

hi Dallas,

I'm Running both versions in Practice mode. Im using and adapting a file "L2B with 50% Stop" that I got from the forum, I think posted by yourself. I'm not sure where to find the Greening parimeters, am I actually greening in this instance? Also I just had an instance where although the back bet was put to the market 5 times none were matched. I was ustor jt at the time and assume that the price must have rocketed in, what other options do I have to mitigate loss in this situation. I am aware that this is a common problem when laying to back but wondered how others may have mitigated this situation.
FrankArch

Just to add to previous, both programmes were running at this time and neither 50% or 25% of lay price back bets were matched seclection started at 32. Could it be possible that it crashed staight through 16 and 8, or could there be another reason. The selection went on to win so would have been an expensive trade had it been live money. Layd at 32 with not recovering back bet!
FrankArch

This one is going to make it sound like I dont have a clue what I'm doing, but how the hell do I post a fresh post about a differnt subject please, and yes I know I've done it once but cant find where to do it again. Not sure how I going to get my head around the complexities of BA if I cant even get my head around posting on the forum HA HA.
ShaunWhite

Not sure how to describe it but here...viewforum.php?f=37
ShaunWhite

Re your unmatched bets. One solution is to place the back bet at 1.01 or whatever the worst price you'll accept is. And trigger that bet when your actual trigger price is reached. It will be matched at the best avaliable price.
FrankArch

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:22 pm
Not sure how to describe it but here...viewforum.php?f=37
Thanks for this Sean, I found it in the end. I was trying to post in the same way as face book and not creating a topic.
FrankArch

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:26 pm
Re your unmatched bets. One solution is to place the back bet at 1.01 or whatever the worst price you'll accept is. And trigger that bet when your actual trigger price is reached. It will be matched at the best avaliable price.
Thats great thanks and makes sence. I suppose I am attempting to manually green by say backing at 50% of the lay bet. Dallas has helped with this in using stored values. Would there be a away to automatically adjust the stake if say the back bet didnt get taken til say 40% or would it be a case of beggers cant be choosers

Thanks for the help.
ShaunWhite

FrankArch wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:20 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thats great thanks and makes sence. I suppose I am attempting to manually green by say backing at 50% of the lay bet. Dallas has helped with this in using stored values. Would there be a away to automatically adjust the stake if say the back bet didnt get taken til say 40% or would it be a case of beggers cant be choosers

Thanks for the help.
It's quite a while since I used guardian so I'll leave the actual set-up to Dallas in case I mislead you.
Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:06 pm
FrankArch wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:20 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:

Thanks for the help.
It's quite a while since I used guardian so I'll leave the actual set-up to Dallas in case I mislead you.
When using the 'Close trade on selection with greening' or a 'Green all selections' rule it will calculate the stake required to green up at the price its triggered for you.
It might sometime then be matched at a better price so you won't have a perfectly even green up, thats another reason why having greening rules trigger multiple times is advised, as it can sometimes take a few attempts to get it evenly greened if the market is fast moving and volatile

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”