Newbie Needing Help with Automation - Please

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
FrankArch

High, Im very new to all this but enjoying earning small profits so far and obviously looking to improve.

I am trying to set up an automated file to bassically do reverse dobbing. My idea is to lay selections that I feel are unlikely to win or indeed dob, but in the event that they do run well a beack bet is laid at double the lay stack ae. end half the lay odds, which I believe will minimise my loss to the equivelant of the lay stake. Obviously strike rate will be key to this. I have now got a basic understanding of Guardian and have set up some simple automation, but with this one I seem to be able to get the lay bet to kick in but keep getting a nonsence of the reverse back bet. I have percervered for most of the day but I think I need help Please.
Dallas

On your lay bet rule use the stored value tab to store the lay price with an adjustment of minus 50%

Then add a 'close trade on selection with greening' rule with a Stored Value condition to test
selections back price
is less than
the stored value named
(whatever you called it on your lay rule)

That will do it
FrankArch

Thank you very much for reply. More homework for tomorrow. Is it possible to set the stop loss to retrigger if not matched. I'm looking to set a condition of odds between 10-30 but obviously if the stop bet is not matched it could end up very expensive.
Dallas

FrankArch wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:34 pm
Thank you very much for reply. More homework for tomorrow. Is it possible to set the stop loss to retrigger if not matched. I'm looking to set a condition of odds between 10-30 but obviously if the stop bet is not matched it could end up very expensive.
Yes, as a general rule of thumb I'd always arm any greening up rule to trigger at least 3 times re-arming just a little bit longer than any in-play delay
ie, if using on in-running racing markets rearm no faster than every 2 secs, 3 secs if it will be placing bets below the £2 minimum BF stake
FrankArch

Again, thanks very much for the reply very useful thankyou.

Next issue if you dont mind
When using the automartion it all appears to work well if I am watching it and opening the markest in the home page. however, whenever I just leave it to its own devices it doesnt appear to kick in. Within Guardian the log stated detected in play etc but no bets layd. Am I missing a trickm should I be telling it that its on its own some how.

Your help is very much appreciated
Dallas

FrankArch wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:03 pm
Again, thanks very much for the reply very useful thankyou.

Next issue if you dont mind
When using the automartion it all appears to work well if I am watching it and opening the markest in the home page. however, whenever I just leave it to its own devices it doesnt appear to kick in. Within Guardian the log stated detected in play etc but no bets layd. Am I missing a trickm should I be telling it that its on its own some how.

Your help is very much appreciated
First make sure your PC isn't going into sleep/hibernation mode when left, it needs to maintain an active connection at all times to trigger bets etc

Then ensure you are refreshing the markets quickly enough so that they get refreshed during the times your rule/s are armed, this post explains how Guardian cycles and refreshes your markets and ways you can increase your refresh rates
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
FrankArch

Thanks again,

Got loads of questions building up. Is it ok to keep firing them in. Obviously after trying to resolve any issues myself
Dallas

FrankArch wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:00 pm
Thanks again,

Got loads of questions building up. Is it ok to keep firing them in. Obviously after trying to resolve any issues myself
Sure that's what the forums for, if it's not me who see's answers them someone else will reply and help out
FrankArch

Hi Dallas,

I set the bot to trigger 5 times rearming every 3 secs and ended up with 5 back bets. How do I tell the system to only retrigger if not matched??? please
FrankArch

Hi Dallas,

I am still having an issue with the bot somtimes kicking in and sometimes not. Most recently I am running the same bot in two opened version of BA (as per one of your posts regarding multiple Automation) with different lay criteria and ended up with one of them kicking in and the other not.was working fine to begin with showing me the different results I wanted to see. They both have identical selections just diffrent criteria for the green bet. Any ideas please.
Dallas

FrankArch wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:19 pm
Hi Dallas,

I set the bot to trigger 5 times rearming every 3 secs and ended up with 5 back bets. How do I tell the system to only retrigger if not matched??? please
It's just the green up rule that needs arming multiple times, each time it triggers it will cancel any unmatched bets (inc, the previous green up order) so by the time the the new order arrives in the market the previous one will be gone.

There might be a rare time when your bets starts to get matched just as it triggers another green up order, in which case when this new bet arrives if it gets matched it will open a new position, but providing the rule still has triggers remaining it will then fire again and hopefully that one will green you up
Dallas

FrankArch wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:26 pm
Hi Dallas,

I am still having an issue with the bot somtimes kicking in and sometimes not. Most recently I am running the same bot in two opened version of BA (as per one of your posts regarding multiple Automation) with different lay criteria and ended up with one of them kicking in and the other not.was working fine to begin with showing me the different results I wanted to see. They both have identical selections just diffrent criteria for the green bet. Any ideas please.
If they have different lay criteria then you'd expect them not to always trigger at the same time

Also are you using practice mode or live?
If live mode and you are logging in with the same Betfair username then the two files will be conflicting, ie, both laying and greening up the same runner around the same time.
FrankArch

hi Dallas,

I'm Running both versions in Practice mode. Im using and adapting a file "L2B with 50% Stop" that I got from the forum, I think posted by yourself. I'm not sure where to find the Greening parimeters, am I actually greening in this instance? Also I just had an instance where although the back bet was put to the market 5 times none were matched. I was ustor jt at the time and assume that the price must have rocketed in, what other options do I have to mitigate loss in this situation. I am aware that this is a common problem when laying to back but wondered how others may have mitigated this situation.
FrankArch

Just to add to previous, both programmes were running at this time and neither 50% or 25% of lay price back bets were matched seclection started at 32. Could it be possible that it crashed staight through 16 and 8, or could there be another reason. The selection went on to win so would have been an expensive trade had it been live money. Layd at 32 with not recovering back bet!
FrankArch

This one is going to make it sound like I dont have a clue what I'm doing, but how the hell do I post a fresh post about a differnt subject please, and yes I know I've done it once but cant find where to do it again. Not sure how I going to get my head around the complexities of BA if I cant even get my head around posting on the forum HA HA.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”