Newbie needs advice with Guardian please

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
FrankArch

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on getting a couple of bots functioning as planned.

Racing
I am trying to do reverse dobbing and have had some success save for not getting the back bet matched when a selection goes on to win.
I have set it up placing the lay bet with stored value and then placing the back bet in relation to the stored value (original file robbed from the forum and was called L2B with 50% stop) it all works fine save for getting matched sometimes. Today I have deliberately used selections that I feel will win and the problem seems to happen more often than not. I understand that it is probably due to the speed that the price is changing. So can anyone advise if I can not trigger until the stored value is met but then offer much lower hoping to get matched somewhere near the desired back odds. I have tried using the stop on opening bet in Global settings within Guardian trying to set the bet 10 tics away with little succes.

Football
I am trying to set up simple bot (or what others will feel is simple) to back the draw and trade out at half time if still a draw and if not stay in the trade. I have only used two files one for the back bet and the second to green up all selection with the condition of trading profit with greening set to the estimated profit if it was a draw at half time. I had practice mode running at the same time as live mode and did exactly the same trades one particular match was still a draw at about 80 mins when the profit threshold was clary met but it didnt green up. Obviously user error but would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

TIA
Derek27

FrankArch wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:42 pm
Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on getting a couple of bots functioning as planned.

Racing
I am trying to do reverse dobbing and have had some success save for not getting the back bet matched when a selection goes on to win.
I have set it up placing the lay bet with stored value and then placing the back bet in relation to the stored value (original file robbed from the forum and was called L2B with 50% stop) it all works fine save for getting matched sometimes. Today I have deliberately used selections that I feel will win and the problem seems to happen more often than not. I understand that it is probably due to the speed that the price is changing. So can anyone advise if I can not trigger until the stored value is met but then offer much lower hoping to get matched somewhere near the desired back odds. I have tried using the stop on opening bet in Global settings within Guardian trying to set the bet 10 tics away with little succes.

Football
I am trying to set up simple bot (or what others will feel is simple) to back the draw and trade out at half time if still a draw and if not stay in the trade. I have only used two files one for the back bet and the second to green up all selection with the condition of trading profit with greening set to the estimated profit if it was a draw at half time. I had practice mode running at the same time as live mode and did exactly the same trades one particular match was still a draw at about 80 mins when the profit threshold was clary met but it didnt green up. Obviously user error but would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

TIA
It's difficult for anyone to answer without seeing your rules file.
FrankArch

Thanks for reply Dereck, is there a specific place on the forum where someone may be available to sence check rules files?
Derek27

FrankArch wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:11 pm
Thanks for reply Dereck, is there a specific place on the forum where someone may be available to sence check rules files?
You can attach it right here. I'm sure somebody when they have time will have a quick look.
FrankArch

Thanks for that Dereck, I've made a couple of tweeks, where I thought the error may be and running it in practice mode today. I will do as advised if its not sorted. Thanks for the help
FrankArch

Hi,

As per Derecks post I wonder if any of you experienced Angel Traders could take a look at the attached automation file. Basically I am trying to set it up to do reverse trobbing. The idea is to lay selections that I think have little chance of winning or indeed running well. As you will see I have set it up to place a back bet if the price reaches 25% of the lay price. It all appears to work well, most of the time. The issue is, on occasions (when I have got my selection wrong) that the Back bet is not getting matched. I thpught initially that this was due to refresh rate and number of markets open but it happened again today. I have been advised to set it up so that when the 25% of lay bet is breached that it then places the back bet at 1.01 but indeed takes the best market price available. Would this be the best way to resolve this issue? If so what rules would I need to add to make this happen.

I would be grateful for any advice on resolving this as as on trials to date the system seems to be working quite well save for the occasional unmatched Back Bets.

The file is one that I have adapted from the file "L2B with 50% Stop" which I got from the forum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

You'll guarantee a match if you back at 1.01 but you'll also end up getting some shockingly bad prices so you should exercise at least some judgement about the lowest price you'll accept.

I don't know how much betting experience you've got but even in the style of betting that's called 'trading' the maths around profit being a product of net value betting (either found inadvertently or not) are irrefutable. The danger with trying to stop losses on what are probably 0EV lay bets anyway is that when you want to exit a lot of other people do too and you definitely won't be amongst the fastest to act. The price falls albeit briefly to a ridiculously low price making that back bet terrible value. And with in-running markets being as they are then when a price is breached at say evens, then just as many won't go on to win as do. So you're backing losers as often as winners.

Stop loses aren't the magic bullet the name makes it sounds like, otherwise more people would use them. If it sounds too easy then it is. Its worth remembering the BA support guys (aka Dallas) are only there to help you do what you ask for rather than advising you as to whether it's a good idea or not.
FrankArch

Thanks very much for the feedback Shaun, certainly food for thought!

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”