Help setting up my first automation bot

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
ija34

Hey all,

Would someone be able to offer help setting up my first automation bot? Attempted it myself but seem to get it wrong? Please note this is just a test for me and not actually expecting this system to work permanently. The steps I need to program are below...
  • 1. Place a back bet at £10 on the favourite at one tick above best market price. Cancel unmatched bet after 10 seconds and reattempt placing back bet until matched.
    2. Place a lay bet at 1 tick below best market price to guarantee a profit on this selection.
    3. Green up all selections. I'm aiming for 10% profit plus betfair commission so 18% as my commission is 8% so I would need to aim for £1.80 if any runner wins.
    4. Red up all selection if trade price is equal to or less than 25% of the profit price (£0.45)
    5. Close trade if either red or green criteria is reached
I've tried setting this up myself and had problems with multiple back bets being placed which I fixed then had problems with my one back bet not being matched and the cancel unmatched bet rule didn't trigger and then it seemed to close trade with -£0.10 on the favourite and £0 on the remaining selections.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
andy28

Welcome, there are plenty of files to get off the forums

viewforum.php?f=43

I also suggest you watch the academy videos as they will show you how to do a lot of what you want to do.
ShaunWhite

How come you're on 8%? Most people choose 2% because the money you save is worth more than the rewards. Then you'll only need a 12% move which is 33% less than the 18% move and easier to get.
MAGTRADEUK

Anywhere that has betdaq automation files .... the ones at link given are for befair and dont / wont download / open in betdaq?
Realrocknrolla

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:35 am
How come you're on 8%? Most people choose 2% because the money you save is worth more than the rewards. Then you'll only need a 12% move which is 33% less than the 18% move and easier to get.
I said that out loud before scrolling down and seeing this reply.
ija34

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:35 am
You've just reminded me, I need to change that. It's because I used to place a lot of small bets on horse racing and back then I received £50 free bets a month for 8% commission but as I've not been betting in a while it's dropped to £10. Only just getting into trading so I'll switch it back to 2%.
Derek27

ija34 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:06 pm
Hey all,

Would someone be able to offer help setting up my first automation bot? Attempted it myself but seem to get it wrong? Please note this is just a test for me and not actually expecting this system to work permanently. The steps I need to program are below...
  • 1. Place a back bet at £10 on the favourite at one tick above best market price. Cancel unmatched bet after 10 seconds and reattempt placing back bet until matched.
    2. Place a lay bet at 1 tick below best market price to guarantee a profit on this selection.
    3. Green up all selections. I'm aiming for 10% profit plus betfair commission so 18% as my commission is 8% so I would need to aim for £1.80 if any runner wins.
    4. Red up all selection if trade price is equal to or less than 25% of the profit price (£0.45)
I've tried setting this up myself and had problems with multiple back bets being placed which I fixed then had problems with my one back bet not being matched and the cancel unmatched bet rule didn't trigger and then it seemed to close trade with -£0.10 on the favourite and £0 on the remaining selections.

Just a couple of observations. Placing a lay bet 1 tick below best market price may not guarantee a profit if the price moved. You might find it easier to use an offset bet to automatically close to the desired number of ticks.

If you want a 10% profit, taking 8% commission into account would require an additional 8% of 10%, 10.8% in total rather than 18%. But as I said on the other thread, it's not a good idea to gear your strategy around your desired profits. There would be many occasions where you close for a loss when you could have taken a 6% profit.

In fact, 10% on many trades is aiming quite high. Many traders make sub 1% profits.
Dallas

ija34 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:06 pm
Hey all,

What you've asked for is essentially a 'Make Market' bot like this one below
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11305

And to green/red up at your target P/L's you just need to copy these rules into it
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11407

You'll then need to add a condition to your original back/lay rules to stop them triggering if your P/L target is met, details on that are here
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11656

and if you are not sure how/where to click to copy rules from one file to another see this post
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13568

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”