Any Greyhound Green Up Suggestions Please?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
westbamtrading

Using free Betangel for Betdaq version

Time, and time, and time again, I'm being killed by Green Up not being taken in the Greyhound market. I'm at a stage now, where I'm Greening 1 min before race start time and still nothing!

Set once, to rearm every five secs, to 10 times, rearm every 3 secs, and it doesn't matter what I do, it doesn't take.

Any suggestions of how and when to set within the Greyhound market, would be helpful!
Dallas

I've never looked at they greyhounds on Betdaq but can't imagine there is much liquidity in them so guess it will be much harder to get matched
I wouldn't have thought it should take that many attempts, only that when you do it might be a really poor price - unless you are using conditions on the green up rule?
westbamtrading

Hi Dallas,

Believe me, I've tried everything from setting up the basic greening in the General Tab, to setting up conditions, and even setting up green, then cancel unmatched bets as separate rules ... and the same thing happens.

I appreciate the low liquidity issues, but I've also faced the same problems in pre-race Horse market (just my experience). :roll:

I do have a couple profitable automation strategies, however, they're simply back and lay trades, that are triggered 5 secs before the off. But none of those strategies are as low risk, or are as profitable as pre-race greyhound strategy would be ... if I could only overcome the Green Up issues, because it kills me every time!!!

I also appreciate the other issue, which is; just because a closing trade goes in, doesn't mean it'll be taken, or the price shifts again before it's taken … leaving me with an open trade.

The only way around it is to do it manually, but that defeats the main purpose of Automation … for pre-race greyhound trading.
Last edited by westbamtrading on Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westbamtrading

My example of Greening and Cancel Trade Rules

Dallas

Automation is faster than manually clicking to green up so if you can do it manually no problem then it suggests you haven't got something set up correctly

Have you got the market on your main trading screen while the automation is running?
Dallas

westbamtrading wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:14 pm
My example of Greening and Cancel Trade Rules

All you need is one Green all selections rules (that will cancel any unmatched bets when it triggers anyway)
and arm it 3-5 times with a 3 sec re-arm time
use anytime you want but generally I green up greyhound between 45-30secs before the off as they can occasionally go in-play early

Try that exactly as I've detailed above with the market also on your main trading screen so you can see it triggering and send a copy of the log if it doesn't green up
westbamtrading

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:15 pm

Have you got the market on your main trading screen while the automation is running?
No, because the markets change depending on the venue, but that doesn't mean I change over to each market to view it ..... and I'm usually watching YouTube!

However, now that you mentioned it, when I am watching, even though the markets sometimes move ... it always closes .... you might be onto something!
westbamtrading

As far as I can see, the default Market Switch Time is 300 seconds. Maybe if I set it to 90 or 60 seconds .. d'you think it's worth a try?
westbamtrading

Also, some markets are tight when it comes to timing, with some market only 1 min before start time. That' why i never use the Market Swtch Time
Dallas

westbamtrading wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:19 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:15 pm

No, because the markets change depending on the venue, but that doesn't mean I change over to each market to view it ..... and I'm usually watching YouTube!

However, now that you mentioned it, when I am watching, even though the markets sometimes move ... it always closes .... you might be onto something!
It will be your Guardian refresh rate being set to slow - and the number of markets you have in Guardian
Having the market on the main screen as a test would prove that for 100%

If it triggers fine then all you need to do is;

Ensure your Guardian refresh rate is set to 200ms
and on the Advanced tab at the top use Restrict refresh
From 300secs before the start (assuming your rules are armed to trigger during the last 5mins, if they trigger further out increase the number of seconds her
till 0 secs after the start

and just use the one green up rule as i've advised above
Dallas

westbamtrading wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:21 pm
As far as I can see, the default Market Switch Time is 300 seconds. Maybe if I set it to 90 or 60 seconds .. d'you think it's worth a try?
Don't bother with that, just manually open a market on your main screen, this part is just to prove a single green up rule as above will green you up

after that you can use the restrict refresh option in Guardian as detailed in my earlier post
westbamtrading

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:23 pm

If it triggers fine then all you need to do is;

Ensure your Guardian refresh rate is set to 200ms
and on the Advanced tab at the top use Restrict refresh
From 300secs before the start (assuming your rules are armed to trigger during the last 5mins, if they trigger further out increase the number of seconds her
till 0 secs after the start

and just use the one green up rule as I've advised above

Guardian Refresh - I've always have set @ 200ms
Advanced Setting - I never knew, so I've set to Restrict Refresh: 60 secs before and 60 after

Hands up, I have reset the Market Switch to 60 secs, out of curiosity more than anything.
westbamtrading

There's only about an hour or so left of racing, so I'll get back to you. But thanks again, Dallas.
westbamtrading

The rule only triggered once since my last post, which is hardly conclusive. So I'll try again tomorrow and get back to you. 8-)
westbamtrading

First problem I'm having, is that my system is not being triggered, which I find near impossible, as it's set to trigger anywhere between - lay price more than 2 - and - back price less than 2.8 ... from 3:30 to 1:00, and I'm seeing market after market, where it's not triggering.

I saw this happen after i modded the settings, and I'm seeing it today.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”