Help on misfiring bot!

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Jimmy2Bigg

Hi all

I was hoping someone much wiser than I can help me out. I've played around with a couple of bots that LeeCal had put on here to fit something I'm trying out.

Essentially, there's 2 bots. The first (main action) is to place a lay on over 3.5MG after 11mins if it's 0-0, if there's a goal by 20mins, hedge up, if not let it run. Fairly simple. The second is a correct score bot that is supposed to check the score through the game and send signals to the first.

Some games it works absolutely as it should. Other games the bot fires the lay in after 11mins then almost immediately hedges out when there's still no goal. Or it simply doesn't do the score check at 11 minutes to send the signal to the "action bot" and no lay is placed.

I've looked at the logs and among other things it seems to just randomly decide for a couple of minutes that a goal has been scored, then revert back to 0-0.

I've attached the two BAF files... if anyone can help me see where I've gone wrong, please let me know!!

ps - I know the market volume has been set ridiculously low, I wanted to eliminate that as a reason the lay wasn't firing!

Thanks in advance!
2Bigg O3.5MG BTC.baf
(O3.5) CS Check.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

I haven't been through all the signal CS rules which I assume are from Leecals original bot so not needed for what you are doing

So just checked the 5 SV rules at the top of the file

The way I'd do it is below (the first rule is very close to how you already have it anyway)

Set/Modify Stored Value Rule, applied to row 1
armed 10mins - 11 mins

Conditions
Selections back price is <20

Stored Value
named 0-0 11 for the Event
with an entered amount 1

Then add another Stored value rule applied to row 1
armed 11mins - 20mins

Conditions
Back price is >20

Stored Value
named goal for the Event
with an entered amount 2

Then in your other file on your Lay O3.5 goal rule extend the arm time till 12mins 30secs and just use

Conditions
Time Since unsuspended >30secs
Stored Value named 0-0 11 for the Event
is equal to 1
Market Volume >10

and for you close rule just use one rule applied to row 2
but change the arm time to 12mins 45secs till 22mins 59secs

Conditions
Time since unsuspended >180secs
Signal Bet is set
Stored value named goal for the Event
is equal to 2
Trading Profit <£0

That should give you what you've asked for and with minimal amount of rule

BTW, the reason for the arm time changes is to take into account the unsuspended time conditions you are using, ie, although armed till 22min 59secs the goal would need to come before 19mins 59secs so that condition of 180secs could be satisfied
Jimmy2Bigg

Hi Dallas

Wow, thanks for such comprehensive help. I'll try and make the changes and run a few test matches!

Thanks again

Jim
Jimmy2Bigg

Hi Dallas

OK, so I thought I amended the bot as you suggested - there were a couple bits I wasn't sure of and I suspect I did indeed get it wrong as there's still a couple of problems.

In today's Wolfsburg game, a goal was scored right around the 11th minute. Yet the Lay bot still triggered and matched at 2.1 (ie after the price had dropped). In a couple games where the goals came comfortably before the 11th, it worked and didn't fire, so could just be the fact that it was the 11th minute that caused the problem. Either way, it should have recognised a goal between 11 and 20 mins and exited for a red??

In the Tottenham game, a goal came in the 12th minute. The bot fired and took a lay but didn't exit for the red on the goal?

So, sorry to be a pain, but would you mind taking another look at the two updated baf files attached and let me have any pointers/corrections!!

Thanks again - nearly there!!!

Many thanks

Jim
2Bigg Lay O3.5MG Dallas V1.baf
(O3.5) CS Check Dallas V1.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Jimmy2Bigg wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:38 pm
Hi Dallas

OK, so I thought I amended the bot as you suggested - there were a couple bits I wasn't sure of and I suspect I did indeed get it wrong as there's still a couple of problems.

In today's Wolfsburg game, a goal was scored right around the 11th minute. Yet the Lay bot still triggered and matched at 2.1 (ie after the price had dropped). In a couple games where the goals came comfortably before the 11th, it worked and didn't fire, so could just be the fact that it was the 11th minute that caused the problem. Either way, it should have recognised a goal between 11 and 20 mins and exited for a red??

In the Tottenham game, a goal came in the 12th minute. The bot fired and took a lay but didn't exit for the red on the goal?

So, sorry to be a pain, but would you mind taking another look at the two updated baf files attached and let me have any pointers/corrections!!

Thanks again - nearly there!!!

Many thanks

Jim

2Bigg Lay O3.5MG Dallas V1.baf(O3.5) CS Check Dallas V1.baf
As the SV rule is armed between 10 and 11mins its checking the score as soon as its refreshed between those times (so if refreshing fast enough it should be checking the score by 10:05

If a goal is scored after that but before the lay is armed at 11mins then the lay is going to trigger still

The way to avoid that is to close the gap between the arm times, ie, if you know your refresh speeds are fast enough you could arm the SV rule
From 00:10:57
till 00:10:59
Jimmy2Bigg

Hi Dallas

You're going to get real sick of me I reckon, sorry to bother you a third time! Hopefully this will be the last.

It seems to be working in that it now does NOT lay if a goal comes before 11 minutes, tested that.

But it's not closing out for a red if a goal is scored between placing the lay @ 11m and 20 mins. For example in Sheffield Wednesday v Sunderland tonight, the lay was placed on 11 mins but when the goal went in on 16mins, it hasn't triggered the close out.

Here's the latest iteration of the two files with (I hope) your last suggestions incorporated. Also the log for the game I mentioned. Any help would be, as always, most appreciated!!!

Best

James

ps - may have found the problem - it's not running the second stored value you suggested in your first reply, just running the score scans. Am I right in saying I could delete all the other rules in the CS file and leave just the SV to trigger the lay and the SV to trigger the close out?
2Bigg Lay O3.5MG Dallas V1.baf
(O3.5) CS Check Dallas V1.baf
Automation Log Sheff W v Sun.xlsx
Jimmy2Bigg

Hi Dallas

Hope you're well. Any chance you could take a quick look at why it's not firing as expected?

many thanks!
Jim
Dallas

Jimmy2Bigg wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:14 pm
Hi Dallas

Hope you're well. Any chance you could take a quick look at why it's not firing as expected?

many thanks!
Jim
I'll try and remember to import it when i'm finished tonight and have a quick look,
bump the thread in the morning if I haven't haven't posted back by then
Dallas

Dallas wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:38 pm
Jimmy2Bigg wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:14 pm
Hi Dallas

many thanks!
Jim
I'll try and remember to import it when i'm finished tonight and have a quick look,
bump the thread in the morning if I haven't haven't posted back by then
Just looked at the files, the first two appear to be the same?

From looking at them the only thing I could see to stop the green up rule triggering is the SV named 'goal' on the event
Without seeing the rule from the other file that sets that SV I can't give any further info

Regarding delete the score scan rule, I would think you could, I certainly noticed you had loads of rules in there not playing any part in the lay bet you your are doing - but wasn't sure if you were using them to display the score on your one-click screen or watchlist

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”