Horseracing: To set a signal when a race is delayed

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
lotora

I would like Guardian to set a signal 2 minutes before the scheduled start time when a race is likely to be delayed by 1-2 minutes, 2-3 minutes etc. How can this be done?
Dallas

lotora wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:33 am
I would like Guardian to set a signal 2 minutes before the scheduled start time when a race is likely to be delayed by 1-2 minutes, 2-3 minutes etc. How can this be done?
How would you know its to be delayed?
lotora

A good question Dallas! I have no idea, but was hoping for a solution/workaround..
Dallas

lotora wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:58 am
A good question Dallas! I have no idea, but was hoping for a solution/workaround..
Without the courses sending this to BF and then BF making that available via the API
Or a site monitoring the races who display the approx. delay time based on what they can see happening from the live feeds, which can then be scraped and pushed into Bet Angel there wouldn't be anyway of identifying if/when a race is to be delayed
Trader724

You could try to get hold of the Time Stone (Eye of Agamotto) and look into the future at different timelines but it's a bit tricky.
ShaunWhite

Does BA expose the RaceStatus? It won't predict the delay but says what's going on.
And if it's getting to race time and they're only just parading or going down/behind you could estimate the delay.
Screenshot_20220802-130447_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:08 pm
Does BA expose the RaceStatus? It won't predict the delay but says what's going on.
And if it's getting to race time and they're only just parading or going down/behind you could estimate the delay. Screenshot_20220802-130447_Chrome.jpg
Not as yet, but I guess it could be a guide (just not give the exact timing the OP was looking for)
Although not even sure if the guide would be that good, I still remember the days of seeing the 'Heading to Post' and 'Going Behind' status on teletext and often used to wonder how far behind they were going sometimes as it could and often was still several minutes before it eventually said 'Off' :D

That said I would suspect its got at least a little better since those days but its not something I've payed much attention to in recent years
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:19 pm
Not as yet.
"teletext"... :) you're getting old mate.

I've never understood why BA doesn't just expose everything and then the user can make the decision about usefulness. Performance might be a factor but it's just a small number of extras.
eatyourgreens

"teletext"
off topic I know but..........many years ago (well b4 interenet) I had a footy bet with bookie (still got the coupon somewhere!)......It was an accumalator, something like pick two from each section, I think it was an evening of world cup qualifiers and I seem to remember England were home to Norway (draw?) ........anyhow, I found results on Teletext for the first 9 out of ten matches, yippppeeee! all correct! I think I had something like £700 going on the last match, it was (from memory) San Marino v Pharoh islands, such an insignificant match the result was not to be found anywhere on teletext..........I had to wait until the next day to be completely deflated :-(

Have a nice day!
:-)
sniffer66

oh, the happy days of trying to find a cheap holiday on Teletext. "Now on page 28 of 100 pages"

Then you'd go and have no idea what kind of place you were going to. Still, couldn't argue for £120 for a week :D
Euler

Perhaps try a variation of this: -

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=12701
Realrocknrolla

Other unnamed software has it implemented as a rule so should be easy enough for next update.
1.png
3.png

Race status is available for UK and Irish horse races. This information is provided by Betfair NG- API.
Status information is loaded when the market is added to the markets grid view and updated once per
second starting 5 minutes before the race official start time until the race is complete.
Possible race statuses are the following:
DORMANT - There is no data available for this race
DELAYED - The start of the race has been delayed
PARADING - The horses are in the parade ring
GOINGDOWN - The horses are going down to the starting post
GOINGBEHIND - The horses are going behind the stalls
ATTHEPOST - The horses are at the post
STARTED - The race has started
FINISHED - The race has finished
FALSESTART - There has been a false start
PHOTOGRAPH - The result of the race is subject to a photo finish
RESULT - The result of the race has been announced
WEIGHEDIN - The jockeys have weighed in
RACEVOID - The race has been declared void
ABANDONED - The meeting has been cancelled
Please note that not all race statuses will appear each time. It is common for a race status to go from
GOINGBEHIND to STARTED with ATTHEPOST being missed out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dublin_Flyer

I don't think it'd be viable because of the variety of reasons a race could be delayed;

Ambulance or doctor gone to hospital with jockey so none available - maybe 30min to abandoned meeting
Horse gets loose and goes for a run (AW/flat) - maybe 1-4 min until its caught
Horse gets loose and goes for a run (NH) - maybe 1-6 min until its caught
Vet needs to check horse - depends on vet
Horse difficult to load in stalls - depends on stalls handlers at the racecourse
Horse threw a shoe and needs to be reshod - depends on the farrier on racecourse duty

Big Aintree meeting and the starter has a schoolmaster mentality and every horse must walk to the start - fuck knows, 2-15 minutes until he stops shitting his britches about horses getting hyped up about to run a race :roll:

Absolutely none are predictable....maybe the Aintree starter.

Regarding Teletext, that's how I got the job I'm in now! Saw it advertised on Aertel which was the Irish teletext at the time and gave it a go. 22 years there at the end of August, might need to update my teletext...or job!
fish2

I have considered asking about having the pre-off Race Status added into automation, but from watching the betfair site on many races, it's not always been consistently reliable (I expect due to data supply issues).
Though it would be nice to be able to show the status alongside the Market Title and Countdown timer.

I understand delay information would also be useful with greyhounds, when they have planned in advance delays, and then also international racing when they offset the race times by exactly one race.
lotora

Dallas wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:05 pm
lotora wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:58 am
Without the courses sending this to BF and then BF making that available via the API
Or a site monitoring the races who display the approx. delay time based on what they can see happening from the live feeds, which can then be scraped and pushed into Bet Angel there wouldn't be anyway of identifying if/when a race is to be delayed
If for example a race is delayed by more than 5 minutes, how to be noticed by signals/values for the next races on the same course?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”