Lay Bet in Win Market - Advice required for New Bet Angel User

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
gazamble

Hello.
I'm VERY new to using any type of Bot and decided recently to use Bet Angel. I'm slowly getting the hang of things but could do with some assistance please. Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong area.

One of my systems uses the automation rules in the link below:

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=17026

I have modified the rules only slightly to allow me to place a LAY bet in the WIN market ONLY, but only if the odds in the PLACE market are above a certain value a few seconds before the off. This has been working well save for a few things I've noticed whilst running in practice mode that I'll mention below.

I select my horse to lay using the "Automation Nominated Selection 1" column in Guardian. I'd like to add/amend the rules so that I can select a second runner that the bet can be placed on but ONLY if my first selection is declared a non-runner after I've placed my bet. Can this be achieved and if so how?

On a couple of occasions when checking the logs at the end of the day I have noticed the log say something like this:

11/08/2022 18:09:56 [G_Auto 1] : £ 10.00 Lay bet placed on Zephina at 19. £ 4 matched at 19 £ 6 Unmatched when it initially reached the market.

Am I correct in thinking that this means that £4 of my bet was matched and £6 remained unmatched before being cancelled? Why was this? In the parameters for the rule I have "Place at: Best Market Price" selected, so does this mean that if I took the £4 that was available to be matched at 19 Bet Angel wouldn't then matched the other £6 at say 19.5 that might have been available? I have the rules set to take odds below 34.00 so I'm happy to have my stake matched at any odds below that for my selected runners.

On another occasion the log said this:

11/08/2002 19:39:56: [G_Auto 1] : £ 10.00 Lay bet placed on Desert Emperor at 18. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market.

Why was the bet entirely unmatched? Desert Emperor started at 19.00 so I can't bring myself to believe that £10 couldn't be matched below odds of 34.00.

I thank you all in advance and apologise if my questions are novice mistakes. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
eatyourgreens

Hi Gaz,

If, on the parameters tab of your lay bet, you have selected "best market price" you will only be matched at that price (or lower!) BF will not match a lay bet at a higher price.

I think you need to choose (on the same parameters tab) "place at customs above best market price" and choose how many ticks above you are willing to go. Bearing in mind you will always be matched at the lowest price first. So in your example above, £4 would have been matched at 19 before the remainder would be matched at 19.5.

Hope I am right, and that makes sense!

Have a nice Day! :-)
gazamble

Eatyourgreens - Thank you, your advice has worked a treat. I've tried it in practice mode and now in live mode and it is behaving perfectly.

Can anyone suggest how I might be able to select a 2nd runner in the "Automation Nominated Selection 2" column but this selection only follows the rules and places a lay bet under the same parameters/conditions if the first selection is a non-runner?

Many thanks.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”