Automation BSP

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
jack14

I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction please?
I am trying to find how I can set up an automation where I can select a horse in different races but only bet it if the odds on the selected horse are equal to or bigger than a fixed number say 21.0 Ideally it could be BSP but just before the off is probably more feasible. I'm sure it must be possible but I have been through Guardian and either I am missing something or need to look again. Thanks in advance.
Anbell

jack14 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:27 pm
I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction please?
I am trying to find how I can set up an automation where I can select a horse in different races but only bet it if the odds on the selected horse are equal to or bigger than a fixed number say 21.0 Ideally it could be BSP but just before the off is probably more feasible. I'm sure it must be possible but I have been through Guardian and either I am missing something or need to look again. Thanks in advance.
General: Place back SP bet
Parameter: Minimum: Enter minimum price limit: Odds: 21
jack14

Thank you, I cant understand how I missed it.
Anbell

jack14 wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:46 am
Thank you, I cant understand how I missed it.
It's only a recent addition, so probably not much documentation of it, and it's a bit counter-intuitive to find/use anyway
Jimmy2Bigg

Hi

Thanks Jack for the tip re BSP back - I'd missed that too! Do you know what time settings you should set for that? x seconds before/after Event Start time?, or In Play Time?

Thanks in advance!!!

Jim
ShaunWhite

Jimmy2Bigg wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:56 am

Thanks Jack for the tip re BSP back - I'd missed that too! Do you know what time settings you should set for that? x seconds before/after Event Start time?, or In Play Time?
Anytime before the actual start, you can't place a BSP bet after the BSP has been published and that's done at the moment the event goes in-play or suspendeds if there's no in-play market such as on the dogs. You also can't place an SP bet on a market the doesn't return a starting price, most football I think.
Jimmy2Bigg

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:23 am

Anytime before the actual start, you can't place a BSP bet after the BSP has been published and that's done at the moment the event goes in-play or suspendeds if there's no in-play market such as on the dogs. You also can't place an SP bet on a market the doesn't return a starting price, most football I think.
Thanks Shaun

Yes, that all makes sense - I'm more thinking how to express that in Guardian. If you use start time, that's rarely BSP as the races don't often start at the event start time. If you use In Play time, surely Guardian can't know for example when the last horse is going into the stalls; if you wait for the start, it will be in play and the volume falls.... just not sure what to put in the automation. The best would be 5 seconds before the in play time... but how can that be entered....
ShaunWhite

Have you got a limit price in mind or just want the BSP? If you don't mind what you get, you put your back in at 1000 or a lay bet in at 1.01 and then change it to a 'TakeSp' bet. If you have a limit then you'd use an SP bet with limit. Otherwise the last traded price is approx the sp so people place a TakeSp bet if the price is currently in range, and cancel it if the price moves out of range (then just keep repeating that until the race starts)

Btw Inplay times are just for after the start, while they're loading it's still preplay.
ShaunWhite

... Also the price at the scheduled start might not be sp, but over lots of races it averages out at sp. If it didn't and it was perhaps a bit higher or lower on average, then that would be a predictable move you could trade seperately anyway.
Anbell

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:35 pm
Have you got a limit price in mind or just want the BSP? If you don't mind what you get, you put your back in at 1000 or a lay bet in at 1.01 and then change it to a 'TakeSp' bet. If you have a limit then you'd use an SP bet with limit. Otherwise the last traded price is approx the sp so people place a TakeSp bet if the price is currently in range, and cancel it if the price moves out of range (then just keep repeating that until the race starts)

Btw Inplay times are just for after the start, while they're loading it's still preplay.
You dont even need to use TakeSP any more, just use Place Back SP bet, and 'no minimum'
ShaunWhite

Anbell wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:18 pm
You dont even need to use TakeSP any more, just use Place Back SP bet, and 'no minimum'
Appologies, it's a long time since I used BA.

BA dev might need to expand on this or I need to RTFM better but I think they're slightly different things.

With LIMIT_ON_CLOSE bets (and I think that's what "Place Back SP bet" uses even with a 0 limit) you don't specify where the bet sits unmatched as you would with a TakeSP bet (which used the MARKET_ON_CLOSE bet type). In fact the 'price' parameter on an order is used to pass the limit price, rather than the order price, if you use the limit order type. (sorry if it's a bit BA irrelevent but hard to explain my thinking otherwise)

Is it possible for one of these Place Back/Lay SP bet types to be matched before the start? In weak markets I've sometimes had my SP bets matched at crazy prices before the off because I don't use 1000 & 1.01 and place them at a speculative positions.

Where do they show on the ladder?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”