How do I stop bet being matched at higher odds after a jump in odds?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Ryanolifelix

Jukebox wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:38 pm
Ryanolifelix wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:19 pm
Jukebox wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:19 pm

You can be very specific and make the condition that the LAY price is below 2.5
You can also specify that bet is put out at fixed odds of 2.5

With some experience you can consider adding other conditions such how tight the book must be and how long its been under 2.5
fixed odds condition, lay price less that 2.5
parameters 2nd best market price by liability.

its not doing it on the automation im running at the min, it did it on something else the other day, not sure what i did but the liability was 99,000 :lol:
Putting out a bet with a parameter of "second best" price in a wispy market where someone offered £1 at 2.5 for a moment is leaving yourself open to that sort of thing. Theres plenty of botters who'll eat that for breakfast. You have many controls - one is the conditions that must be right to fire your bet another is where to place your bet and yet another is how much that bet should be - it seems you've left the last two completely up to the opposition and we're always there waiting to pounce.
Thankyou for your wisdom!
Ryanolifelix

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:31 am
Ryanolifelix wrote:
, it did it on something else the other day, not sure what i did but the liability was 99,000 :lol:
So you did something on something the other day and you want to know how not to do it again.? And a liability of 99k means you're using a stake of 1000 in PM?

The risk you're running is that people are going to start thinking you're just playing, and the people who step up and help people will start to ignore your questions and focus on the ones who are working their nuts off, reading the user guide and trying to problem solve themselves. Trading is all about problem solving so bearing in mind the questions are going to get a lot harder it doesn't look very promising.
I do read the manual a lot, I bought the expert guide. It's just sometimes I have dumb moments where I don't see the obvious in which case I ask the forum in hope that my dumb question will be kindly answered :D

I love to solve problems, it gives me great satisfaction to solve things. But like I said sometimes I don't see the obvious.

And I admit I ask questions sometimes in an unexplanitary way because I think the receiver will understand me. This is probably because of my lack of understanding that there are many different possibilities with betangel.

so sorry if I seem like I'm wasting people's time, I really don't mean to do that.

Peace :geek:
didsy

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:31 am
Ryanolifelix wrote:
, it did it on something else the other day, not sure what i did but the liability was 99,000 :lol:
So you did something on something the other day and you want to know how not to do it again.? And a liability of 99k means you're using a stake of 1000 in PM?

The risk you're running is that people are going to start thinking you're just playing, and the people who step up and help people will start to ignore your questions and focus on the ones who are working their nuts off, reading the user guide and trying to problem solve themselves. Trading is all about problem solving so bearing in mind the questions are going to get a lot harder it doesn't look very promising.
Hey there everyone, sorry to but in but Derek27 you have mentioned something that the search feature threw up that I am struggling with. You mentioned "goal detection", is there a way other than what seems to be a fudge of looking for a suspended time of x seconds or a huge hike in odds to register a goal in Automation, what is it that you use?

Many thanks

Didsy
ShaunWhite

The Betfair data feed doesn't include the current score. You have to derive it from price movement unless you want the agro of incorporating a seperate scores feed via your own software.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”