How do I stop bet being matched at higher odds after a jump in odds?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Ryanolifelix

Say I have a condition to lay under 2.5, and then a jump in odds moves the price and then it matches the bet above the condition. How do I stop this from happening?

Or is this not happening and something else is?

Thanks.

Ryan
megarain

Its v tough to help without seeing the framework of your rules.

Presumably, u are not sending at a specified price.
Ryanolifelix

megarain wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:27 pm

It's just a basic rule (condition)lay the draw if below 2.5
ShaunWhite

Ryanolifelix wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:04 pm
megarain wrote:

Take your pick of 29 places you could place your bet...
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/pla ... 3D&mw=MzIw#
Jukebox

Ryanolifelix wrote:
megarain wrote:

You can be very specific and make the condition that the LAY price is below 2.5
You can also specify that bet is put out at fixed odds of 2.5

With some experience you can consider adding other conditions such how tight the book must be and how long its been under 2.5
ShaunWhite

:D "29 places to place your bet...."

Reminds me of the intro to this track https://youtu.be/g7qxiGxAwyQ resampled and used again at the start of this track too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxIy1Lw4c_U

"There's six million ways to die, choose one"
Derek27

Ryanolifelix wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:09 pm
Say I have a condition to lay under 2.5, and then a jump in odds moves the price and then it matches the bet above the condition. How do I stop this from happening?

Thanks.

Ryan
If you lay under 2.5 and the price jumps (presumably upwards) then your bet won't get matched. If it got matched first and the price jumped then you should be happy, or have I misunderstood?
Ryanolifelix

Jukebox wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:19 pm
Ryanolifelix wrote:
megarain wrote:

With some experience you can consider adding other conditions such how tight the book must be and how long its been under 2.5
fixed odds condition, lay price less that 2.5
parameters 2nd best market price by liability.

its not doing it on the automation im running at the min, it did it on something else the other day, not sure what i did but the liability was 99,000 :lol:
Ryanolifelix

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:27 pm
Ryanolifelix wrote:

Thanks.

Ryan
If you lay under 2.5 and the price jumps (presumably upwards) then your bet won't get matched. If it got matched first and the price jumped then you should be happy, or have I misunderstood?
i would be happy if the price jumped and it didnt lay at 100
Derek27

Ryanolifelix wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:22 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Ryanolifelix wrote:

Thanks.

Ryan
When you say "jumped", do you mean upwards or downwards?
Ryanolifelix

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:23 pm
Ryanolifelix wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

upwards :o and layed at 100
Jukebox

Ryanolifelix wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:19 pm
Jukebox wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:19 pm
Ryanolifelix wrote:

fixed odds condition, lay price less that 2.5
parameters 2nd best market price by liability.

its not doing it on the automation im running at the min, it did it on something else the other day, not sure what i did but the liability was 99,000 :lol:
Putting out a bet with a parameter of "second best" price in a wispy market where someone offered £1 at 2.5 for a moment is leaving yourself open to that sort of thing. Theres plenty of botters who'll eat that for breakfast. You have many controls - one is the conditions that must be right to fire your bet another is where to place your bet and yet another is how much that bet should be - it seems you've left the last two completely up to the opposition and we're always there waiting to pounce.
Derek27

Ryanolifelix wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:29 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Ryanolifelix wrote:

You'll get a lot more help on this forum and quicker if you make more of an effort to explain your query.

Say I have a condition to lay under 2.5, and then a jump in odds moves the price and then it matches the bet above the condition.

I initially thought you were talking about laying the Under 2.5 market. Then I realised you meant laying the draw at odds of under 2.5 and wondered how a bet can be matched above 2.5 when you've laid under 2.5. You obviously mean placing a bet at current prices when it was under 2.5 when the bet was fired.

The simple solution is to have an additional condition that checks the price is less than 2.5. There's a condition to check when the market was last suspended or only trigger a rule when the market's been unsuspended for n seconds, you can also add goal detection to your rules file that sets a signal when there's been a big change in the price. Some of Dallas's rules files in the automation section will have an example that you can pinch.
ShaunWhite

Ryanolifelix wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:19 pm
, it did it on something else the other day, not sure what i did but the liability was 99,000 :lol:
So you did something on something the other day and you want to know how not to do it again.? And a liability of 99k means you're using a stake of 1000 in PM?

The risk you're running is that people are going to start thinking you're just playing, and the people who step up and help people will start to ignore your questions and focus on the ones who are working their nuts off, reading the user guide and trying to problem solve themselves. Trading is all about problem solving so bearing in mind the questions are going to get a lot harder it doesn't look very promising.
Ryanolifelix

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:10 am
Ryanolifelix wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:29 pm
Derek27 wrote:

You'll get a lot more help on this forum and quicker if you make more of an effort to explain your query.

Say I have a condition to lay under 2.5, and then a jump in odds moves the price and then it matches the bet above the condition.

I initially thought you were talking about laying the Under 2.5 market. Then I realised you meant laying the draw at odds of under 2.5 and wondered how a bet can be matched above 2.5 when you've laid under 2.5. You obviously mean placing a bet at current prices when it was under 2.5 when the bet was fired.

The simple solution is to have an additional condition that checks the price is less than 2.5. There's a condition to check when the market was last suspended or only trigger a rule when the market's been unsuspended for n seconds, you can also add goal detection to your rules file that sets a signal when there's been a big change in the price. Some of Dallas's rules files in the automation section will have an example that you can pinch.
Yes your right Derek. Thanks for your advice. I'll do a better job of explaining next time!!

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”