Tennis - Simple Trade Not Triggering???

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
westbamtrading

Using free betangel for betdaq version

Tennis Set Trade Not Triggering

I've set a simple automation set up for 'Set' market, but for the last 4 days, the only trades that are triggering are the trades, I've had to trigger manually whilst watching the market!

It's not through a lack of liquidity in the set market, and it's not an overly complicated trade! Not sure what's going on.
westbamtrading

Case in point

taken a few secs ago

:?: :roll:

I'm guessing that maybe I've set up the bet time wrong or something :!:
Dallas

Arm the rule 'Relative to in-play time'
westbamtrading

Tried that before and got two days of nothing … that's why I decided to try 'Start Time' ... and still nothing.
Dallas

Have you checked the log to see if there are any errors being sent back from Betdaq?

Also you said you can place manual bets but is that via the Bet Angel app
Or was that on the website?

If it was on the website try placing a manual bet on the app (even if outside the current price then cancel it just to see if its placing OK)
westbamtrading

Yes, I checked the log, I've checked in My Account > Bet History > My Bets, but there's nothing there, because nothing is happening.

However, as the above 'Case In Point' show, the back price is dipping below 1.26 right in front of my eyes, both on the website and in BA, and nothing is happening ...

But it's been like that, for four days now. And walking away from the PC for an hour or so, I'm coming back only to see that the match/set had finished, nothing has triggered, and my PL hasn't changed!

ONE THING .... It only seems to trigger, in BA when I've manually turned to the page. I've seen that happen once or twice, but for the most part, regardless of whether i'm opened the market in BA or not, there's nothing triggering
westbamtrading

With all the activity going on

This is my current exposure

And for all the matches that have happened today, this is my PL, and those are the trades I've had to open manually!

westbamtrading

And again, nothing!

Dallas

westbamtrading wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:40 pm
And again, nothing!

In that image there is no back price available so it wouldn't be expected to trigger as you are testing the back price is less than 1.26

The image you posted a few further up it should have triggered but did you have the market on your main screen in Bet Angel at the time those prices appeared?

If not it's likely its a combination of the type of markets you are trading rarely having back prices available less than 1.26
and Guardian (if it has a lot of markets loaded) is set to a slow refresh speed causing meaning by the time its next refreshed and the rules checked the back price has now gone again
westbamtrading

If not it's likely its a combination of the type of markets you are trading rarely having back prices available less than 1.26
It isn't because of a lack of liquidity :!: The closer to 1.01 i've seen £100's if not £1,000's on each side. And as you know, when the set is in play, the market is available for a good amount of time, without moving.

I had the 'Kill or Fill' set for 15 mins ... which more than enough time for any trade to take. When I trade manually, I place it above current market price, it takes seconds, not 15 mins, to fill. So it's not a lack of liquidity, or a lack of movement in the market.

What I was trying to show with the image, is another market, not triggered.
The image you posted a few further up it should have triggered but did you have the market on your main screen in Bet Angel at the time those prices appeared?
None of the Tennis meetings are on the main screen. It seems to trigger for Horse Racing, Greyhound, Soccer, Cricket when i haven't put those markets on the main screen, and yet they still trigger ... I'm not understanding why it would be different for these particular Tennis markets.

However, as I said, on a FEW occasions, when I switched to the main screen, all of a sudden it triggers. But that is nowhere near the norm. Most of the time, when I switch to that market, I get nothing happening, and I have to trade manually!
Guardian (if it has a lot of markets loaded) is set to a slow refresh speed causing meaning by the time it's next refreshed and the rules checked the back price has now gone again
I always have it set to 200ms. And I have far more Horse, Grey and Soccer markets going at any one time, than I do of Tennis markets, and as I said, they all seem to trigger with no problem.

Thanks for your forbearance, Dallas. 8-)
Dallas

>>What I was trying to show with the image, is another market, not triggered.

Yes, but what I meant was at the time you took that screenshot the rule wouldn't be expected to trigger - unless you saw money waiting earlier at <1.26 and didn't get chance to take the screenshot till later and after it had gone?

Probably the best thing to do is set your Bet Angel and Guardian up like this (only with the rule file applied as well) and next time you see the back price <1.26 on your main screen and the bet not place grab a screenshot

If its set up like my image I'll be able to see all the information like update times, if/when the rule actually triggered and tell you exactly what the cause is

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
westbamtrading

Before we start, for some reason, over the past few months, I realised that Markets showing; Yes - In Play or Suspended ... seems to be somewhat sporadic, as seen below, but it doesn't seem to affect trading in said markets - Greyhound Example

So here are my Tennis markets, remember, these are manual trades, and some examples of markets that have Suspended, but not triggered.

westbamtrading

First Matched bet of the day, with enough liquidity to trade.

I saw this take on the website, then i switched over to the market in BA
westbamtrading

It would seem, that on the odd occasion when I'm looking at the market on the website, or in BA, it may or may not trigger. Either way, i'd be hard-pressed to say it's working, and I don't have the capability to cover (manually look at) multiple markets at one time, and that defeats the purpose of Automation anyway.

Thanks, Dallas, but after 4 days of next to nothing, I'm going to move on from 'Set Betting' in the Tennis market.

Thanks again, Dallas, for your time and effort.
Dallas

westbamtrading wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:47 pm
It would seem, that on the odd occasion when I'm looking at the market on the website, or in BA, it may or may not trigger. Either way, i'd be hard-pressed to say it's working, and I don't have the capability to cover (manually look at) multiple markets at one time, and that defeats the purpose of Automation anyway.

Thanks, Dallas, but after 4 days of next to nothing, I'm going to move on from 'Set Betting' in the Tennis market.

Thanks again, Dallas, for your time and effort.
No probs, but the rules file is very straight forward and there is definitely nothing wrong with the way its been set up, so I'd be 99.9999% certain its the combination I mentioned above about the Guardian refresh rate with number of markets you have in Guardian (which looks a lot), and the low liquidity of those markets meaning many times the market isn't refreshed quick enough before its pulled.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”