Saturday trading

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
mtrehearn

Hi,

I have a bot that lays the favourite subject to some rules been met. The bot works great throughout the week with maybe only a loss or two here and there but Saturdays just seem to absolutely ruin it with 4 losses already today alone. It's not like it's a particular course, group size, distance, race type etc - it's just all over the place.

The only thing I can think of putting it down to is weekend punters / traders messing with the flow of things causing the favourite's lay odds to drift out to meet the conditions of the bot just for it to come back in and win.

Has anyone else had experience of similar? Would the above be a fair assumption?

Thanks all.
Derek27

mtrehearn wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:52 pm
Hi,

I have a bot that lays the favourite subject to some rules been met. The bot works great throughout the week with maybe only a loss or two here and there but Saturdays just seem to absolutely ruin it with 4 losses already today alone. It's not like it's a particular course, group size, distance, race type etc - it's just all over the place.

The only thing I can think of putting it down to is weekend punters / traders messing with the flow of things causing the favourite's lay odds to drift out to meet the conditions of the bot just for it to come back in and win.

Has anyone else had experience of similar? Would the above be a fair assumption?

Thanks all.
Saturday was usually my best day of the week when traded racing. How many weeks have you been running your bot?
mtrehearn

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:59 am
mtrehearn wrote:
Hi,

Thanks all.
Saturday was usually my best day of the week when traded racing. How many weeks have you been running your bot?
About 3 weeks now. Just don't get why Saturday wipes it out. Weekend bettors is all I could think of.

Nice picture of andromeda by the way.
wearthefoxhat

The only "logic" I can think of, is that on Saturday there is better class racing, clumped together, not allowing pre-race swing trades to breathe. This in turn can impact scalping as it gets nearer the off time. (less volume). The better automated bots work better under those conditions and can adapt easily.

With todays racing, if you exclude Curragh, the space between the races are more manageable.

Horse racing (BHB) should take a really hard look at the fixture list(s) in the next 3-5 years. (less is more)
mtrehearn

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:20 am
The only "logic" I can think of, is that on Saturday there is better class racing, clumped together, not allowing pre-race swing trades to breathe. This in turn can impact scalping as it gets nearer the off time. (less volume). The better automated bots work better under those conditions and can adapt easily.

With todays racing, if you exclude Curragh, the space between the races are more manageable.

Horse racing (BHB) should take a really hard look at the fixture list(s) in the next 3-5 years. (less is more)
I lay in running though so will that still effect me do you think?
wearthefoxhat

mtrehearn wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:59 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:20 am

I lay in running though so will that still effect me do you think?

Maybe because of reduced volume before the off. This could/would effectively reduce liquidity being carried forward in-running. (Dobbers)

Same could be said of racing midweek, but the markets seem to behave differently, maybe due to having the more time to form pre-off.

I do L2B in-play, so I have to cherry pick certain markets dependant on the selections I use.

It's also worth looking at the tracks covered by TPD. Are your losing results happening on those tracks?

TPD.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

mtrehearn wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:51 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:59 am
mtrehearn wrote:
Hi,

Thanks all.
About 3 weeks now. Just don't get why Saturday wipes it out. Weekend bettors is all I could think of.

Nice picture of andromeda by the way.
I remember discovering making a loss on Mondays for a period of several months. There is a spreadsheet that was posted on this forum that allows you to log your results and produce summaries by about 20 different categories, which may help you identify if there's any particular class or type of race that your bot's ineffective with.
Anbell

mtrehearn wrote:
Hi,

Thanks all.
You dont have enough data points. Four favourites in a day is almost to be expected.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”