Dallas : How can you track wins/losses of a strategy

A place to discuss anything.
NotBothered

just the one strategy went from $44 to $80 pretty quickly and for the total Dutching gone to $403 for the day

the only reason I got into this was to diversify from the Back/Lay stuff - and yeah its gone OK so far - so lets see over the next couple weeks.

If your not interested in making money from Dutching - then feel free to move on and not waste your time here .. simple.

However if you want to get into Dutching and cannot figure it out - stay tuned.
Last edited by NotBothered on Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
NotBothered

so what I did was create a bunch of strategy - base base a base b base c

and as the conditions get better for the race - then another strategy will trigger into the race

bit like counting cards -- you bet to see the value - and as the value rises and falls it will trigger a response from the strategies to bet more etc

the result is its won 27/28

(please keep in mind its only one day - so more work will be put into it to get it just right)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NotBothered

so the 1st goal - will be to get the one that is at $83 - to be $300 a day

and that would not be hard as the stake is very low right now - but it is more how well the wins/losses stack up over 2 weeks and not 1 day

+ then for the whole project for greyhounds and horse racing dutching to be $1000-$1500 a day.

I will start working on the UK Horse Racing one now - not sure whether it will be done tonight or not - but interested to see how the results compare to Aust Racing.

The two Automation pieces from the Forum I am using to drive the behind the scenes things were the Running Profit one + and then the one used for todays results is the Favorite 1 three in a row - I modified those and then added the strategy in.

Ok I am out for today - cheers.
NotBothered

just keeps ticking over up to $90
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NotBothered

To summarize this so far :

When I started Dutching I was using a more brute approach - and when I calculated what it would take to make $300 a day I figured around $10,000

with the addition of the data recorder and filtering things have gotten smarter - plus the idea of being more of a card counter and selective betting things have changed.

As you can see from the last screenshot - it will not bet every race - it picks and chooses its bets and adds more in better setups

this makes it alot more robust and able to absorb losses alot quicker and build the profit tally faster.

My estimate for $1000-$1500 a day using the strategy for greyhounds and horse racing today - sits at a Bankroll of $3000 which is a major difference from where it started.

Also I intend to continue to finetune the selection process and management - as we move from what was Day 1 yesterday towards Day 14 ... by then the true needs will be clearer.

From now on I will just post the GH single strategy - as it tries to grow from $90 to $300 a day -- as the same idea is used across markets - just the criteria in the selection process is different.

anyway I loaded the markets and it is ready to go today .. good luck to us all.
NotBothered

+ anyone who is not interested in this - please do not bother posting any negative garbage

if you want to learn to get to $1000 a day stick around - if you think you know it all - then there is nothing to see here - just move on.
gazuty

When you have a loss, how do you know when to recommence?
NotBothered

great question and it goes to the heart of how to build profitable dutching.

what I did was using a database - build profitable set ups and negative set ups for the races

I then built that into conditions of what to look for -- the recorder then allows it to bet until a loss and then stops it until a profitable set up comes along again

here is a live example of that

it won the first 2 -- lost the third = and is now waiting for a profitable set up to come along again before allowing betting.

this allows you to avoid losing streaks - that kill normal dutching set ups

(many people tell me I suck at explaining things so I will think on it and see if I can explain it more clearly)

(( also while I was typing another postive set up came along -- it bet it and won ))
NotBothered

+ that was what was wrong with my first Dutching Attempt -- yeah it made money

but it was betting and getting into losing streaks (4) - and so that sucked the profits down

this version does not suffer from that limitation -- the addition of the result recording has been good so far.
NotBothered

and here we are as it moves through the races

and you can see it found a good bet and put in 3 + 3 = 6 bets instead of the 3

it works really well to be honest - but I am sure I will find more improvements as we move along

you can also see the stakes are low - and the profit is accumulating anyway - so when I increase stakes $300 a day will be pretty simple just from this one version.
gazuty

NotBothered wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:40 am
what I did was using a database - build profitable set ups and negative set ups for the races

I then built that into conditions of what to look for -- the recorder then allows it to bet until a loss and then stops it until a profitable set up comes along again
It makes sense to me that you you look for a "profitable set up" v a "negative set up".

Why not solely filter by profitable set up?

Are you sometimes betting into a negative set up becasue you are on a streak?
NotBothered

no that is my filter to not bet the race

(+) positive race set-up and win filter (+) = bet

(-) race set up - skip the race no matter the win filter(+) = no bet

the first dutching I ran - had no win filter - so there was no final check so to speak and I had to put up with losses in a row due to the way the races were coming in

now - that does not happen -- it is really tough to lose 2 in a row.

what builds the profit up - is effective filtering/race selection and the races been run to suit that expectation -- if we expect a win and it does not happen - we do not bet again - till expectation is met with result

so far this works for what this is doing. .... +52 at the moment with the night racing to go $+80-100 seems achievable
NotBothered

I mentioned this before - sometimes I suck at explaining things clearly - because I understand what it is doing and why

but if your not betting the same way it could be confusing.

I go back to card counting :we run the standard module to bet the way it should - monitor the results - when the results match the expected we bet -- if the odds in the race move further our way - it will add more bets

this smooths out the loss quicker and grows the daily profit.

It just seems to be way more effective than the straight dutch - where you have less control.

Straight Dutching makes too many assumptions - that everything is going to even itself out over time - and you just have to live through the deviations within the results -- this way tries to resolve that - which lowers Drawdown and allows the account to grow more consistently.
NotBothered

race selection is good - and risk per race is very moderate at this point -- in couple weeks will put it up on all versions if the results keep coming in.
NotBothered

I was just watching the races thinking about this and I just want to state the obvious

when you get the Bet Angel licence - this is not going to make you money off the bat -- you need some strategy behind what your doing.

So you take this Dutching Idea :

1. it is using Dallas's template that he built for another reason - that I modified for this
2. excel and race data - and building out data for races
3. translating that work into commands Bet Angel can use

then implementation into real betting and staking.

Personally I am a Strategy Builder - I am not a programmer .. so yeah just keep that in mind - there is no free money - you got to really push yourself/work at it to find your edge.

Return to “General discussion”