Dallas : How can you track wins/losses of a strategy

A place to discuss anything.
NotBothered

So the goals of this thread will be

1. this first strategy to $300 a day via Dutching Greyhounds
2. then we will do $1000 a day via Horse and Greyhound Dutching
3. then I will show you how to do $2000 a day with Dutching + Form Automation

this (1) is starting with $10 Book Staking - so we will have to monitor that so you can adjust your expectations according to your bankroll

but I will just post mine for reference at what Stake Level.

Day 2 > $100
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NotBothered

if you want to get a start on form automation - download Dallas's Form Template last 3 starts and then it will need to be customized from there

but I am not going to start going though this one till later - as there is quite a few targets to hit first.
NotBothered

I just deleted out shep races as they been running behind all night - so just 3 left for today

+119 so yeah I could up my stakes and hit 300 tomorrow

but we will run it conservatively and let it show strengths and weaknesses - so I can make further changes as needed - then I will bump up the stakes for any shortfall to $300

anyway strategy working so far - back tomorrow with some more results
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

NotBothered wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:08 pm
if you want to get a start on form automation - download Dallas's Form Template last 3 starts and then it will need to be customized from there
The starting point for form automation is form data and analysis, the last thing is the execution. Perhaps explain to the newer people what analysis tools you're using?
NotBothered

LMAO Shaun is back

obviously Shaun I am a few weeks away from doing that because I have the first couple of goals to hit first.

no point talking powerquery SQL or using phils right now

if your so interested in this topic why not just start your own thread and post your ideas/thoughts in that -- no need to come here and waste my time and yours - you know we are not going to get along.

Anyone that tries to crap on about their resume/experience like you did - is really not worth my time.

thanks
ShaunWhite

NotBothered wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:12 pm
LMAO Shaun is back

obviously Shaun I am a few weeks away from doing that because I have the first couple of goals to hit first.

no point talking powerquery SQL or using phils right now

if your so interested in this topic why not just start your own thread and post your ideas/thoughts in that -- no need to come here and waste my time and yours - you know we are not going to get along.

Anyone that tries to crap on about their resume/experience like you did - is really not worth my time.

thanks
You said you didn't know who I was so I simply said. My cv and betting isn't extraordinary so hardly boastful.

I don't have a problem with you, or any real interest in your methods. I was simply interested to see if your methods were actually different or just the usual stuff we've seen come and go on here.

You mention starting a thread for my thoughts.... Well I've contributed 1000s of helpful supportive and insightful messages for many years so that's not going to be necessary.

If you calm down and stop being so defensive you'll have a better time on here. Frankly so far if it wasn't for my passing interest you've generated tumbleweed.
ShaunWhite

NotBothered wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:12 pm
obviously Shaun I am a few weeks away from doing that
It's usually done prior to implementation, not after, so that's why I was asking what you used. It wasn't a dig just healthy curiosity.
NotBothered

Shaun,

oh boy - I am not defensive - I am just seeing you for what your online personality is - which could be totally different from your real life - but personally I do not have to put up with being talked down too at every opportunity.

you are not gods gift to betting - the sooner you realize that the sooner people will actually respect your opinion.

Look as far as my ideas go - I already have everything running - but there is no point leap frogging to a point I have not yet reached yet in this thread.

Like I said - you can make your own thread talk about what you want to talk about and you and I would be good then - as we just see things so differently its no point even talking to each other.

So what if one person or no-one reads this thread - follows some ideas - or gets some inspiration .. does not matter to me -- not sure why it matters to you.
NotBothered

Let's be clear here and recap your actions:

you asked me a question - I gave you an answer : then you started with this whole my resume is this - I am a full time bettor - blah blah blah

Like I said to you - this is not something that you do - it is not normal to try to intimidate people by going down that route.

Your resume is of a low level financial employee - that is easily replaceable at a moments notice - that skill set is vanilla.

Anyway like I said - if you have strong opinions - start your own thread - go vent over there.
NotBothered

As for the nobody following this thread let me summarize where we are at after 2 days :

1. downloaded Dallas's 3 fav win template and modified it to record all runners
2. looked at the data for races identifying weak spots and positive spots individually - then looked for a crossover amongst runners - where the bets resulted in either a very high win rate or very low win rate
3. programmed those variables into BA
4. then used the recorder to bet when they come up and when it loses wait for a win again before resuming ... the effect of this is that when the results match the expectation - we bet and when they do not we do not
5. I then added another strategy based on the same thing that looks for even higher rated bets - so that when those races come up we have 6 bets instead of 3 - this helps to recover losses quicker

what results has this achieved ?

Day 1 26/27 races won for a profit of $90
Day 2 30/32 races won for a profit of $110

this is using Book Staking of $10 - which is a very moderate bet size

I will run and record and make any modifications for another 12 days - and up the stakes slightly to hit the stated target of $300 a day.

Contrast this approach to how I first approached Dutching where it was more a bulk/brute force sort of attack - where the spots were not identified and it was requiring Book Value $50 bets to hit $50 a day ... so either way can be profitable - but it is finding that sweet spot where things make sense - and we work smarter not harder.

What I saw with this approach was that it resulted in a lot of streaks -- and those streaks just gave too much variance - so Approach 2 made more sense and that is reflected in the results.
NotBothered

I just want to say one thing on this also

This is just my approach and how I do things - this does not mean I am right or wrong - and you may find a better way to do things + that is great

I am just laying it out there - and saying look this works for me - take a look and see if you can make it work for yourself - especially if your struggling for results.

Bet Angel on its own will not make you a dime - you need some thought process/strategy behind it to get you where you want to go

cheers
RoyJay

I’ve tried to follow the thread, though haven’t got a clue what’s going on to be honest. Something about dutching, and never having any losses.
NotBothered

this version has been running for 2 days and it has had 3 losses

it is too early to really make a full conclusion based off that.

Today it is up $83 - but we have the night session to go - so $100 + seems reasonable.

When I used the other Dutching method it would lose 2 or 3 in a row - that does not happen here due to that template Dallas made.

As far as following along - well I am not just going to upload my strategy for everyone to use and kill my liquidity - but I will help you to get the strategy where it needs to be.

Also I have been doing this a while so sometimes I may understand something one way - it can be hard to explain that to someone who thinks another way... so there is that as well.
NotBothered

if you want to learn about dutching before coming here - which is more advanced dutching

go and download the dutch the three favorites one Dallas did - run that on your account and see the results -- then you will kind of get why I made this thread and why I needed to customize some of Dallas's work

you will find you win some bets then get on a bad losing streak.

this thread is about fixing that.
decomez6

NotBothered wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:24 pm
Let's be clear here and recap your actions:

you asked me a question - I gave you an answer : then you started with this whole my resume is this - I am a full time bettor - blah blah blah
have you actually bothered checking why he engaged you at all ?...He might not even know it , but he has directly or indirectly mentored alot of silent voices in the forum .
he is known to shoot from the hip , cut your learning curve tramendously and show you around the forum.

-----dont get me wrong , but i am bothered you completely mis-interpreted his passion . it might come across as passive aggressiveness ,but his contribution speaks for itself.

Personally I am a Strategy Builder - I am not a programmer .. so yeah just keep that in mind - there is no free money - you got to really push yourself/work at it to find your edge.

you need the SHAUNS of this world.

Your resume is of a low level financial employee - that is easily replaceable at a moments notice - that skill set is vanilla.
alienate the one person bothered to engage :) :D :lol:

------welcome to the forum .

Personally I am a Strategy Builder - I am not a programmer .. so yeah just keep that in mind - there is no free money - you got to really push yourself/work at it to find your edge.

Return to “General discussion”