Green All Selections Problem

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
tees

I have a bunch of rules including multiple Place Lay Bets and Place Back Bets in a rules file.

The last rule is Green All Selections allowing to trigger 3 times and wait 5 seconds before rearming.

I've noticed if the 1st trigger doesn't get matched but the 2nd trigger does get matched, the 1st trigger which is left in the market also gets matched if the market changes direction. This means it's greened twice. How do I set up the rule so it's only greened once? Can I cancel the first trigger if it doesn't get matched?

Thanks for any response.
Derek27

tees wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:15 pm
I have a bunch of rules including multiple Place Lay Bets and Place Back Bets in a rules file.

The last rule is Green All Selections allowing to trigger 3 times and wait 5 seconds before rearming.

I've noticed if the 1st trigger doesn't get matched but the 2nd trigger does get matched, the 1st trigger which is left in the market also gets matched if the market changes direction. This means it's greened twice. How do I set up the rule so it's only greened once? Can I cancel the first trigger if it doesn't get matched?

Thanks for any response.
You can simply use the fill-and-kill option. Make sure your trigger time allows for the time you leave the bet in the market.

Alternatively, you could use an unmatched bets = 0 condition to check no remaining bets are in the market before it fires.
tees

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:23 pm

You can simply use the fill-and-kill option. Make sure your trigger time allows for the time you leave the bet in the market.

Alternatively, you could use an unmatched bets = 0 condition to check no remaining bets are in the market before it fires.
Thank you Derek.

Do you mean the fill and kill in the conditions? It doesn't make sense to me.

Using the unmatched bets = 0 condition. Wouldn't that mean no more bets could be fired into the market potentially meaning there would be a chance of none of your greening up bets get matched?

What about the rule type Cancel All Unmatched Bets in Market after the Green All Selections rule - just trying to make the rule file fool-proof :)
Dabbla

You could use cancel all or cancel price dependent . Put that cancel rule before the green rule.
Add a unmatched bet =0 condition to the green rule . Otherwise, you may find that the first green gets matched, while in the process of the second greening.
Derek27

tees wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:57 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:23 pm

Thank you Derek.

Do you mean the fill and kill in the conditions? It doesn't make sense to me.

Using the unmatched bets = 0 condition. Wouldn't that mean no more bets could be fired into the market potentially meaning there would be a chance of none of your greening up bets get matched?

What about the rule type Cancel All Unmatched Bets in Market after the Green All Selections rule - just trying to make the rule file fool-proof :)
No, fill or kill is in the bet tab, not the condition. Unmatched bets = 0 would only fire when you have no bets in the market so it would wait until your fill or kill has timed out.

Come to think of it, doesn't firing a green bet automatically cancel all bets before firing?
Dallas

When a green up rule triggers by default it cancels any unmatched bets (inc the previous green up order providing its in the market)

So first check your green settings in the main settings area to ensure that's not been changed
If thats OK are you betting pre-off or on in-play markets with a shorter in-play delay than your rearm time?
If not you just need your rearm time increasing

Like Dabbla has just said it is possible your first bet was in the process of being matched when your second green up triggered, this will happen from time to time but your next green up trigger should correct it
tees

Hmmm... please have a look at the below, am I doing something wrong with the trigger settings? As you can see with the log the greening was triggered twice. It's pre-off.

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

tees wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:37 pm
Hmmm... please have a look at the below, am I doing something wrong with the trigger settings? As you can see with the log the greening was triggered twice. It's pre-off.

Capture.JPG
As your re-arm time is set to 5secs and the log shows there was 9secs between the trigger It looks like you only had this market in Guardian in the background but had the refresh rate of Guardian set to slow for the number of markets you had in Guardian

Have a read of this post which explains how Guardian cycles and refreshes markets and how to change the refresh rate and ensure you are refreshing the markets as fast as possible for the rules to trigger optimally
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
tees

Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:28 pm

As your re-arm time is set to 5secs and the log shows there was 9secs between the trigger It looks like you only had this market in Guardian in the background but had the refresh rate of Guardian set to slow for the number of markets you had in Guardian

Have a read of this post which explains how Guardian cycles and refreshes markets and how to change the refresh rate and ensure you are refreshing the markets as fast as possible for the rules to trigger optimally
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
Ha! Got ya! Yes, I forgot to change settings so auto switch market was turned off and refresh interval was on 1 second with a bunch of markets in Guardian. Thanks a lot, it all makes sense now. I still made a loss though... will have to keep working on that side of things.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed, it's appreciated :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”