Volume rate of arrival

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
ShaunWhite

I'm just doing some folder spring cleaning and thought some might find this interesting.

Given X seconds from the scheduled start you can easily calculate the % of the total money pre-race money that should have arrived by then (roughly, on avg). The curves are from a 12 month data set and the formulas are 3rd order polynomials that fit them.

It adds objectivity to the subjectivity that uk dog markets 90sec before the start are as formed as uk horses 5 mins out, or aus greyhounds at about -45s. It also displels some of the feelings people get that there's a regular predictable surge' of money at a given time. If there is then it certainly isn't linked to the countdown and the reason is elsewhere.

But if it tells you anything it's that uk horse punters make their mind up pretty early. Half the money hasn't even seen what the horse looks like going down to the post, while Aussies want to see the whites of it's eyes :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I'm sure I'll make sense of your post when I've sobered up. ;)
sniffer66

Interesting on the UK horses. I'm assuming it would stay pretty linear from 10 mins out to 5 mins as well
Anbell

Very interesting Shaun. More please!
napshnap

Elegant and informative, Shaun, thank you. Obviously, the shorter time gaps between events the more sharp will be money arrival. Formulas can be useful for determination of events were postponed.
ShaunWhite

sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:50 am
Interesting on the UK horses. I'm assuming it would stay pretty linear from 10 mins out to 5 mins as well
I think it might be skewed due to the number of antepost markets or because they go up on the site much earlier. Lumping 10,000 very different races together was always going to be a loose approximation but I was curious rather than having much of a reason to do it.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”