In play lay

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Meandabc

Hi all,
I want to create an automation based on a system that is working extremely well manually.
On any race that has 3 runners or more under odds of 6, I look for a runner that has odds of between 40 and 60,
at the time these odds start to move higher, (often in the middle of the race) I place a lay bet on that runner.
Can this be automated? I'm a newbie here and any help would be appreciated..
Thanks.
Dallas

Yes, using a 'Fixed Odds Conditions' you can test there is three or more under 6.0 by using the following
the Selection 'by position (sorted in order of favouritism) 3
Is less than 6.0

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/fixed_odds.html

The rest can be done but its not clear how you are handling all the possible scenario's, ie

What if the runner between 40-60 shortens before drifting out? possible lower than 6 as well
What if there are no longer 3 below 6.0 when it eventually drifts but then there is more than 3 again by which time the drifter is priced at several hundred?
What if more than one are between 40-60 and drift out at the same time?
What if the three below 6.0 change before one between 40-60 drifts out

When setting up any type of automation you need a clear set of instructions with as many possible scenarios you can think of covered
Meandabc

Thanks Dallas. A lot to think about. And I found yesterday that the manual way can fail. I layed on an 80 to 1 half way inplay and the nag came up and won..
ShaunWhite

Meandabc wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 9:46 pm
Thanks Dallas. A lot to think about. And I found yesterday that the manual way can fail. I layed on an 80 to 1 half way inplay and the nag came up and won..
1 in 80 do that. And 1 in 60 60/1 shots do too. Making money isn't about picking a price, you do it by backing or laying at prices that don't reflect the real world probability. It didn't "fail" it just won in the same way 1000/1 horses sometimes win and 1.01 horses lose.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”