Loading the Days Football into Guardian

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
tommo

Newbie Question.

Is there an easy/quick way to load up all the days Football Games with Match Odds selected in Guardian, All in one go?

For the past week, I've been doing it manually and it's starting to be a right pain.

Many thanks in advance.
Euler

Import and use a filter and you can do it in a couple of clicks: -

viewforum.php?f=63

You can also modify the filter to focus on specifically what you are looking for.
Anbell

Euler wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:04 am

viewforum.php?f=63

You can also modify the filter to focus on specifically what you are looking for.
Are there any practical limits to the number of markets that you can load up in guardian (apart from refresh rates)? I've been thinking about branching out from horse racing, and when I'm playing around there might be 10,000 events to be loaded into guardian. Is this acceptable/reasonable?
sniffer66

Anbell wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 11:38 am
Euler wrote:

viewforum.php?f=63

Are there any practical limits to the number of markets that you can load up in guardian (apart from refresh rates)? I've been thinking about branching out from horse racing, and when I'm playing around there might be 10,000 events to be loaded into guardian. Is this acceptable/reasonable?
You have a 1000 market limit when streaming so you are going to be restricted to 200ms fastest refresh, which I assume will kill the reaction time if many are live at the same time

I can have up to 3k football markets loaded on a Saturday and it starts to bog down
Anbell

sniffer66 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 11:45 am
Anbell wrote:
Euler wrote:

viewforum.php?f=63

You have a 1000 market limit when streaming so you are going to be restricted to 200ms fastest refresh, which I assume will kill the reaction time if many are live at the same time

I can have up to 3k football markets loaded on a Saturday and it starts to bog down
Thanks.

So is that 1000 mkts per account? or per instance of BA? How do you get to 3k markets on a saturday? What are some good ways to balance the load? (I have 50 accounts so can distribute accordingly if that is the most efficient way, but I'm not sure what I'm trying to optimize for? It often feels like BA struggles under a load of thousands of markets, unsurprisingly, but I'm not sure what the bottleneck is)
sniffer66

Anbell wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 11:55 am
sniffer66 wrote:
Anbell wrote:

Thanks.

So is that 1000 mkts per account? or per instance of BA? How do you get to 3k markets on a saturday? What are some good ways to balance the load? (I have 50 accounts so can distribute accordingly if that is the most efficient way, but I'm not sure what I'm trying to optimize for? It often feels like BA struggles under a load of thousands of markets, unsurprisingly, but I'm not sure what the bottleneck is)
I believe it's per instance but I'm sure Dallas\Peter can confirm

I'm loading MO, CS and Overs markets for every match as I'm doing a check on prices between the various markets so between 2.5 and 3k for a busy Saturday is about right.
You can obviously restrict refresh times on the markets in Guardian so I typically look at 5m before KO until Closed.

You could look at using the BA API to load markets via a coupon on a timed cycle, so you are only loading those about to start, and then applying the required strat. Closed markets don't get monitored in Guardian but to keep things neat I have code running to strip out closed markets every x mins
ODPaul82

It's per instance, if you run mulitple instances of BA then they're independent of each other with their refresh rate but take up that bit more overhead of RAM and CPU which isn't that much in this day and age
Anbell

sniffer66 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 12:11 pm
Anbell wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 11:55 am
sniffer66 wrote:

Thanks.

I believe it's per instance but I'm sure Dallas\Peter can confirm

I'm loading MO, CS and Overs markets for every match as I'm doing a check on prices between the various markets so between 2.5 and 3k for a busy Saturday is about right.
You can obviously restrict refresh times on the markets in Guardian so I typically look at 5m before KO until Closed.

You could look at using the BA API to load markets via a coupon on a timed cycle, so you are only loading those about to start, and then applying the required strat. Closed markets don't get monitored in Guardian but to keep things neat I have code running to strip out closed markets every x mins
Thanks. Any pointers as to how to use "BA API to load markets via a coupon on a timed cycle"? I got a $5k excess transaction bill the other day because all of the markets must have hit an once. (there are things that I can do manually to spread out the transactions, but best if that can be automated)
Anbell

ODPaul82 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 6:44 pm
It's per instance, if you run mulitple instances of BA then they're independent of each other with their refresh rate but take up that bit more overhead of RAM and CPU which isn't that much in this day and age
Thanks. Yeah, it seems that multiple instances of BA solves many of the problems. I can easily run 5 on a single account on a single machine normally (BA VPS seems to struggle running a few instances)

Ive had a few occasions where I seem to have loaded too many markets into Guardian and even the market name literally doesnt appear in the 'markets' column (although I think that bets are placed on some of those events anyways? or at least maybe sometimes? I'm still trying to work it out)

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”