Automation using values from excel

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
CRJH

Hi,

Writing this question as a complete novice with betangel automation and excel integration...

I have been making value back and lay bets manually on betangel, with the standard idea of backing if the SP is above my chosen value etc. I am happy enough with where it is at right now, but my ambition is to make this more automated. I am not full time on betangel and do not intend to be, so for this to work longer term then I need to find an automated route for what I am doing.

The basic idea is:
- I have a spreadsheet for all horses in UK and IRE racing at the start of each day, with chosen variables included to help my calculations.
- As each race gets closer to post time, I copy some stored values that i have collected for pre off prices for each horse at different time periods (10 mins/5 mins/1 min to post etc)
- The spreadsheet then calculates my chosen values for each horse (it needs the pre off prices before it can create the values), and I use those values to set my back/lay bet conditions as the race is about to start

I was wondering if there is a way to use betangel to automatically transfer pre off prices (that i collect in stored values) to the spreadsheet and then automatically set the back/lay bet conditions automatically from excel to betangel.

Again, sorry if this is too basic/too complicated. Any help on a starting direction for this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
ODPaul82

You can populate stored values onto the spreadsheet through shared stored values, it's under Settings -> Excel
You can trigger bets from within Excel in the "Bet Rules" cells.
CRJH

Thanks. All this has worked perfectly.

I am now trying to set stored values back into guardian using the spreadsheet. So far the resources and guidance I have seen has not shown if it is possible to reference cells in the commands.

For example, i'd like to reference cells in a command like this:

SET_SV FOR:SELECTION NAME:runner1 VALUE:M9

Is this possible?
ODPaul82

="SET_SV FOR_SELECTION NAME:myStoredValue VALUE: " & M9
elijahnelson

Here are detailed steps:

1. Bet Angel Setup:

Make sure you have Bet Angel Professional version as it supports automation through Excel.
In Bet Angel, enable the Automation settings and generate an API key if required.
2. Excel Setup:

Enable the Developer tab in Excel (you can do this in Excel Options).
In Excel, use VBA to:
Establish a connection with Bet Angel using its API.driving directions
Create a timer or a schedule to periodically fetch pre-off prices and calculate values.
Determine when to trigger bets based on your calculated conditions.
3. API Integration:

Write VBA code in Excel to interact with Bet Angel's API. You will need to use the API documentation provided by Bet Angel to understand the available functions and how to use them.
Use API functions to:
Retrieve pre-off prices for horses in your selected races.
Place back and lay bets based on your calculated conditions.
4. Error Handling:

Implement robust error handling in your VBA code to manage issues like failed API requests, incorrect data, or unexpected errors.
5. Testing:

Thoroughly test your automation setup with small stakes or in a demo environment to ensure it's working as expected and not placing bets unintentionally.
6. Maintenance:

Keep an eye on your automation to make sure it's functioning correctly and make necessary adjustments as needed.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”