Manual and automated trading on event

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Bustrofedico

Scenario: I want to trade a race manually a few mins before the off; but I have a greening rule that tries to close any open position.

Is there a way to limit greening just to the positions opened by automation? I understand it is not possible to have two BF accounts, so I wonder how people solved this.
Dallas

Bustrofedico wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:46 pm
Scenario: I want to trade a race manually a few mins before the off; but I have a greening rule that tries to close any open position.

Is there a way to limit greening just to the positions opened by automation? I understand it is not possible to have two BF accounts, so I wonder how people solved this.
Not when using the same account

You could open another in a a family members name from the same house, as long as you are not doing it to avoid/reduce PC etc Betfair
ie, nothing to stop you giving your partner your automation file to run on their account

Or it is possible to get a second account, but your activity needs to be of a certain level before they will consider it
Bustrofedico

Thanks, much appreciated
ShaunWhite

As Dallas says, you can't. And it's even worse than you describe because Guardian and the ladder also shows and affects bets placed by other systems. It's easily fixable by implementing a customer strategy reference for different categories of bets (and therefore independent strategies too). My other system can ignore BA bets and BA could/should optionally be able to ignore bets placed on the ladder, within Guardian, or placed by other systems.

It's frustrating because BA on the whole is pretty good but it renders it unusable for anyone wanting to run multiple strategies or to trade manually alongside multiple strategies as you are finding out, unless you have master/sub accounts, which nobody does. And you can't realistically sign up family members to run things because of the potential affordability checks and it's a lame workaround anyway. This is so easily fixable and it's a major unnecessary omission.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”