Recording prices

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
gills11

Hi. I am looking to record Betfair prices for soccer matches at certain points (5 mins / 24 hrs etc before start of matches), in order to build up my own database. I believe this is possible by setting up a Bot to record the prices I want at specified times. I think I would use small stakes and try to use opposite prices and cancel the bets after 1 second to reduce the bets matching (though I know some will be matched). Is this possible using the automation feature, and if it is is it a laboriuos process (I can for a reltively small price of just over £200 buy data for 12-months which records prices 5 mins before kick off for 28 leagues worldwide thus saving me doing this).
Anbell

gills11 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:45 am
Hi. I am looking to record Betfair prices for soccer matches at certain points (5 mins / 24 hrs etc before start of matches), in order to build up my own database. I believe this is possible by setting up a Bot to record the prices I want at specified times. I think I would use small stakes and try to use opposite prices and cancel the bets after 1 second to reduce the bets matching (though I know some will be matched). Is this possible using the automation feature, and if it is is it a laboriuos process (I can for a reltively small price of just over £200 buy data for 12-months which records prices 5 mins before kick off for 28 leagues worldwide thus saving me doing this).
I'd be tempted to pay the fee rather than wait a year for the data
Derek27

gills11 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:45 am
It should be possible with BA automation, but perhaps a little laborious. Have a rule that fires 5 minutes before kickoff to save the back price, lay price, average or last traded price (whatever your preference) to an SV and export it to a CSV file.

An easier way of doing it if you code in VBA is to link an Excel spreadsheet to BA and have a macro that writes the data including match details or whatever info you want to the same CSV file so you have all the data in one file and can manipulate as you wish.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”