Backing to a max profit

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Gunnessmanc

Morning,
hoping someone can point me in right direction or just tell me it's not possible so I can stop searching for an answer.
I understand the laying of horse to a specific liability but is this possible to set up in automation flipping it to backing a horse for a specific profit?
For example setting up automation for laying a horse 1 second before off time at 7.6 for a liability of £10 stake is £1.52 easily set up. So is it possible to use automation to set something up to back that horse for a maximum win of £10?
Not sure if i need to set something up to look at the price at the specific time and do the sums to work out the amount needed to back the horse, or if this is even possible.
Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully someone has the answer.
Dallas

You use the same 'By Liability (back and Lay)' staking method
On a back bet it becomes the amount you want to win
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/sta ... ters_.html
jamesedwards

Be careful using this staking method on an unformed market. Backing for a profit of £10 if the odds are currently 1.1 would be a stake of £100.
Gunnessmanc

Thanks again Dallas,
For some reason that never even dawned on me i just assumed that the back bet liability would be what you staked.
I will carry on my way now feeling just slightly foolish.

Also @jamesedwards thanks for the advice, always take on board anything people add. I assume as I will always be looking to place bet just before the off time that an 'unformed' market shouldn't be an issue.
jamesedwards

Gunnessmanc wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:05 pm
Thanks again Dallas,
For some reason that never even dawned on me i just assumed that the back bet liability would be what you staked.
I will carry on my way now feeling just slightly foolish.

Also @jamesedwards thanks for the advice, always take on board anything people add. I assume as I will always be looking to place bet just before the off time that an 'unformed' market shouldn't be an issue.
Yes. I would include a minimum odds condition or perhaps a book% condition just to be safe.
Newbrawn

Wow I never realised this either, we learn something new every day with Betangel...thanks for asking the question! :D
Gunnessmanc

Newbrawn wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 2:51 pm
Wow I never realised this either, we learn something new every day with Betangel...thanks for asking the question! :D
I know people always say there is no such thing as a stupid question but sometimes when the answer is given and it's so simple you do feel a bit foolish.
I do like to try to work things out myself mainly for the satisfaction in succeeding but sometimes there is just so much this software can do you can tie yourself in knots overthinking something that has a simple solution.
There are so many people in this community that give their time to pass on advice I'd like to thank them all, and also the likes of yourself who with just a kind word made me glad I stuck my head above the parapet to ask that 'stupid' Question.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”