Clearing Log Via Rule

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Post Reply
User avatar
jimibt
Posts: 3761
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:42 pm
Location: Narnia

Just a quick question that I should definitely know or have encountered, but for the life of me, can't recall.

Is there a rule (that I'm not seeing) that clears the Log window on demand?? I was certain that I'd seen or used this way back in the past.

The use case for me is that I automatically set up my session each day from already open instances of BA. However, in some cases, I have extensive logging setup in order to debug if required. BUT - after a few sessions, this can end up producing 100's of log pages which eventually slow down the process. Therefore, having a way to clear the log at the start of each day would be a real saver. I know I could kill the base file (from memory!!) - but would welcome a solution that was controlled by BA itself..

[edit] - i of course appreciate that I could switch off the logging in my rules, but am looking to preserve this logging whilst at the same time, clear it down automatically each day (following the close down rules where the logfile is saved as BetAngelLog_1.txt etc).
and btw - i did talk about this a while back here: viewtopic.php?p=173248#p173248
sionascaig
Posts: 1113
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:38 am

I tend to use the copy log to clipboard option from the Guardian log tab for any market I'm interested in if something specific I want from that market.

And close down BA once a week to clear out the main BA log - I don't like it when start to see pages in the 1000's although not saying its giving me issues.

Appreciate this doesn't answer your question and agree it would be nice to have a "clear-out" facility...
User avatar
jimibt
Posts: 3761
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:42 pm
Location: Narnia

sionascaig wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:15 pm
I tend to use the copy log to clipboard option from the Guardian log tab for any market I'm interested in if something specific I want from that market.

And close down BA once a week to clear out the main BA log - I don't like it when start to see pages in the 1000's although not saying its giving me issues.

Appreciate this doesn't answer your question and agree it would be nice to have a "clear-out" facility...
yeah, as you say, closing down sorts it out. unfortunately, i leave it unattended and have the api trigger in a scheduled task to clear old markts, setup the new ones and remove previous stored values etc. so in practice, altho i tend it every other day, that is only because i can't automatically clear the log. definitely a rule to do this would be great.
Anbell
Posts: 2134
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:31 am

jimibt wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:48 pm
sionascaig wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:15 pm
I tend to use the copy log to clipboard option from the Guardian log tab for any market I'm interested in if something specific I want from that market.

And close down BA once a week to clear out the main BA log - I don't like it when start to see pages in the 1000's although not saying its giving me issues.

Appreciate this doesn't answer your question and agree it would be nice to have a "clear-out" facility...
yeah, as you say, closing down sorts it out. unfortunately, i leave it unattended and have the api trigger in a scheduled task to clear old markts, setup the new ones and remove previous stored values etc. so in practice, altho i tend it every other day, that is only because i can't automatically clear the log. definitely a rule to do this would be great.
Just for fun, check out how big this folder gets after a few days:
C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional\TemporaryStorage
User avatar
jimibt
Posts: 3761
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:42 pm
Location: Narnia

Anbell wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:43 am
jimibt wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:48 pm
sionascaig wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:15 pm
I tend to use the copy log to clipboard option from the Guardian log tab for any market I'm interested in if something specific I want from that market.

And close down BA once a week to clear out the main BA log - I don't like it when start to see pages in the 1000's although not saying its giving me issues.

Appreciate this doesn't answer your question and agree it would be nice to have a "clear-out" facility...
yeah, as you say, closing down sorts it out. unfortunately, i leave it unattended and have the api trigger in a scheduled task to clear old markts, setup the new ones and remove previous stored values etc. so in practice, altho i tend it every other day, that is only because i can't automatically clear the log. definitely a rule to do this would be great.
Just for fun, check out how big this folder gets after a few days:
C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional\TemporaryStorage
maybe that could also be managed as part of the same rule, thus killing any performance drags. tnx for pointing out !!
Post Reply

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”