Greening up functions

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
mikelenard

TheTub wrote:
mikelenard wrote: I checked the log and no bets were fired into the market.
This would indicate the software never saw the condition met.

In running greening is a risky business as the price will be fast moving and jumping about all over the place anyway. You may see the price at 2.2 on the exchange but this price may never register with the software as it moves around too quickly.
Thank you TheTub, that would back up my own thoughts. I purchased the software on the back of what the new automation tool could do, these flaws need to be clearly mentioned.

To get around the issue I shall fire a lay bet into the market as soon as BFSP has been taken instead of waiting around for odds to drop. Not sure of how I'll do it yet, but when there's a will there's a way.

Mike
John Doe

Are you switching to each market or just putting in Guardian. If you get Bet Angel to autoswitch it will be able to refresh at top speed and conditions in a fast moving market are more likely to be met.
mikelenard

John Doe wrote:Are you switching to each market or just putting in Guardian. If you get Bet Angel to autoswitch it will be able to refresh at top speed and conditions in a fast moving market are more likely to be met.
I shall try the autoswitch in the 1.40 and come back to you. But if you set Guardian to 500 milliseconds shouldn't it be working at the same speed as Bet Angel?
John Doe

No, that is 500ms per market. So if you have 10 markets in Guardian it will be 5 seconds before it reaches that market again to check on your rule. If you autoswitch Bet Angel will be scanning the market at full speed and will only move onto the next market when you tell it too. Guardian will still be scanning in the background but you will be at full speed on the next market.
mikelenard

John Doe wrote:No, that is 500ms per market. So if you have 10 markets in Guardian it will be 5 seconds before it reaches that market again to check on your rule. If you autoswitch Bet Angel will be scanning the market at full speed and will only move onto the next market when you tell it too. Guardian will still be scanning in the background but you will be at full speed on the next market.
John, you've solved my issue, many thanks! Where do I send the crate of wine/ale/beer/other?
John Doe

np, glad you got it sorted. Automation is great but sometimes the problems can be simple but difficult to isolate.
mikelenard

John Doe wrote:np, glad you got it sorted. Automation is great but sometimes the problems can be simple but difficult to isolate.
It's one of those "easy when you know how" scenarios, but at least there's a forum where people like you can help.

Thanks again!
mikelenard

Hello,

I have another query with regards to greening up. I am taking BFSP, is there a way to send a trade into the market as soon as the race goes in-play?

For example, I back horse x and BFSP is 8.0. I then want to send a lay bet into the market at 4.0, ie, to take 50% profit. Can this be done automatically using the automation tool?

Thanks,

Mike
Euler

You wont know what the SP is though will you? So you don't have a variable to pass to the inplay period to calculate your position?
mikelenard

I presumed the software would pick up the odds after BFSP is taken, then, say 5 seconds of in-play the lay bet, to 50% profit, is placed.
mikelenard

Could Support look at my issue?
Euler

It's really tough for support to keep on top of quieries generated via social media so if you need an urgent response, please send them in via the support form.

SP is generated after start time and with a slight (random) delay so this isn't available in the automation tool.
mikelenard

Thank you Euler, as it is not possible I will have no choice but to look at the spreadsheet tool, which I must admit I have never been a fan of.

Mike

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”