Help writing new rules file in Guardian from a Newbie Please

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
UpsyDavy

Hi

I am trying to write a "new rules file" in Guardian to mimic the "Back a horse when it is near to winning in running" explained in "Betangel instructions" on page 80, but can't get it to trigger. I am aware that the explanation on page 80 is to be done in setting on the main bet angel screen but I assume the same rules can be applied in Guardian to trigger on several events whilst away from a computer.

I am very new to bet angel so please go easy on me. I will try to explain what I have done so far, perhaps you could correct me where I am going wrong. I am keen to learn the error of my ways.

AUTOMATION RULES EDITOR

General

Rule type: Back all selections
Rule trigger times: 'relative to in play time' - checked
Arm trigger at '00:00:10' after event goes in play
until '00:10:00' after event goes in play
allow rule to trigger '1' times - Wait '600' seconds before rearming (I have also tried rearming 0.5 seconds)

Parameters

Place at 'fixed price' Odds '1.2'
Stake 'fixed amount' £'2'
Global settings 'none'

Conditions

'The market is in-play'
'Back price <1.5'
'Back price >1.2'

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks

David
gallybloke

The problem with these files is without trying them its quiet hard to say what is causing them not to work.

I have found through trial and error - (pratice mode) that it normaly is just one small sometimes not very obvious error that stops the automation working.

In your case try removing the conditions 'Back price<1.5' 'Back price>1.2' I dont think they are required with what your trying to do as your placing your back bet at a fixed price.

Gally
UpsyDavy

Hi Gally

Thank you for your reply.

I may be missing something but without the conditions Back price<1.5 and Back price>1.2 won't this just back the whole field as the event is in-play?

Thanks

David
Dublin_Flyer

David,
I think the 600 seconds before rearming is the main problem.
As far as I can gather, the bet is trying to trigger but conditions are not being met so waiting 600 seconds to rearm the trigger by which time the race is more than likely over, unless its a slog through the mud over 3+ miles.
I've tried something similar to your idea with the condition attached that Number of selections is <2 so it should only trigger if one horse gets that low, plus a rearm of 0.5 so it checks the market constantly. Leaving the number of selections out guarantees a loser if its a tight finish and more than 1 are odds on. If I've any success I'll keep you updated.
Brian
UpsyDavy

Hi Brian

Thanks for your help. I deliberated over the rearming time. I wasn't sure if when the bet armed it was the same as clicking 'back all' on the automation screen on the main bet angel window. That was why i decided on 600 seconds to allow the race to finish. I did try 0.5 seconds rearming time but the bet still did not trigger. I must try this over several events it may be that when I tried it the bet just missed the trigger based on the conditions (back price <1.5 and back price >1.2). If I get chance tomorrow I will test this and post my results. My concern is that rearming every 0.5 seconds will result in several bets placed on the same selection if it hovers within the condition zone (back price <1.5 and back price >1.2) for several seconds. Is there a way to restrict only one trigger per selection?

Thanks again

David
chipping

Are the bets firing and not being matched, or are they just not firing?

You can set the trigger to just fire once, so the re-arm should be a pointless parameter to set.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”