TOTAL NOOB QUESTION

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
marlow

All I require this software for is to place lay bets as I cannot always be at the machine to do so. I do not require any kind of trading, greening up stuff at all. I sometimes do upto 100 lays a day and placing them all into bettangel is taking hourrrrrrrrrrrrs simply because of one petty detail. Each and every time I go to create new rules file for market I am having to check the same boxes over and over again. I want it so that the same parameters I use time and time again are already set to that as standard. I can't save a rules file and re-use it because each market is different.

For exmaple, every single race the rule type is place lay bet, 1 min before the off, selection is by name (the only modification I should need to make), placed at fixed price 12.0 stake at fixed amount £10. Why should I need to keep entering all this for every single doggarn horse?!?!?! Seems insane!! All I expect to have to do is select the horse's name and then apply because all my other parameters are auto set to MY requirement.
Euler

Is it just one horse per race? In which case you can set up a template, apply it to all markets and edit each markets selection to your individual selection.
marlow

No. Multiple horse and multiple bets on them. I don't mind having to change the stake and such like for a double or triple lay but it's the whole setting the place lay bet, 1 min b4 the off etc that's the time consuming part.
chipping

I do something similar, but I don't use betangel to do it I use something else with a spreadsheet interface. The spreadsheet / Guardian interface is on the whole fantastic, but it is not fantastic at everything.
PeterLe

Marlow
Depends on your excel skill set; but the best way to do it is via excel I would have thought..
You could create a single excel worksheet with the appropriate commands it...and then below a table with the horse names in that you have chosen for the day. You can then use the Vlookup command in excel to check the table to see if one of your horses is running in that race. (By the way, you would connect excel direct rather than via guardian, that way the sheet switches with each race)
If you dont have the skills to create the excel spreadsheet, you could try rentacoder.com someone will build this for you for less that £20 maybe??
All you would have to do each day is load up guardian and then type the names of the horses into your table..and then spend the rest of the day doing whatever you fancy!

Regards
Peter

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”