stop on opening bet

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
steve1000

Is it possible to place a stop on an order to close out at the entry price once the price reaches a set number of ticks in the right direction rather than a trailing stop that continues to follow the price up? The stop on opening bet function does something completely different.
Thanks for any help on this.
TheTub

Sounds to me like you are asking for a delayed stop. Otherwise if you place a stop on your opening price it will fire straight away.

I would use Excel for this. Or you could manually add the stop by right clicking on the ladder once the price has moved away from your opening price.
Alpha322

steve1000 wrote:Is it possible to place a stop on an order to close out at the entry price once the price reaches a set number of ticks in the right direction rather than a trailing stop that continues to follow the price up? The stop on opening bet function does something completely different.
Thanks for any help on this.
Once your trade has gone say 3 ticks into profit like Tub said right click on your entry, but Know where you want to get out (dicipline trade plan) i wont tell you how many ticks to exit as all markets are different, if you are a swing trader and a good chart reader you should be able to estimate where to get out. How ever dont get the feel to gamble with trends
steve1000

Thankyou. Ive put a simple formula in excel but it didnt fire. Can anyone tell me what to put in the command cell?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”