Sporttrade Promises Liquidity

lotora

https://sportshandle.com/sporttrade-nj-debut/

-The Robinhood Of Sports Betting: Sporttrade Promises Speed, Liquidity With NJ Debut. When there is not enough liquidity to match customers directly together, market makers will play a critical function on the exchange.
ShaunWhite

lotora wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:30 pm
.When there is not enough liquidity to match customers directly together, market makers will play a critical function on the exchange.
Since when has "Robin Hood" been one word?

"critical function" gee thanks, aka the profitable part :roll: How you going to match with someone's rubbish offer if they're going to get there first. Or if they're market making, how are you going to get near the front of the queue at value prices ? I'm starting to think trading has more mugs than punting.
weemac

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:54 pm
lotora wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:30 pm
.When there is not enough liquidity to match customers directly together, market makers will play a critical function on the exchange.
Since when has "Robin Hood" been one word?
Since 2013.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robinhood_Markets
lotora

A great video-interview of the CEO Alex Kane. (Sporttrade only charges 2% commission on net winnings).
https://www.fox5dc.com/video/1123518
jerry123456

Sounds like Smarkets in disguise to me and we know what happens there if your making money off their market makers.
lotora

jerry123456 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:48 am
Sounds like Smarkets in disguise to me and we know what happens there if your making money off their market makers.
Yes, that's one scenario. Another one: They've learned from major mistakes made by exchanges in the UK, and is hellbent on not repeating them. :!: The CEO seems to be well aware of what's gone wrong overseas.
ShaunWhite

lotora wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:48 am
jerry123456 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:48 am
Yes, that's one scenario. Another one: They've learned from major mistakes made by exchanges in the UK, and is hellbent on not repeating them. :!: The CEO seems to be well aware of what's gone wrong overseas.
Why do you think their market making will be any different to anyone else's? I don't think you get that that's fine for punters but WE (the collective who are offering) are market makers and so having competition from within the exchange itself makes it very unappealing. Its like going into McDonald's to sell your burgers.
lotora

I don't have any strong opinion, just happen to be an optimistic person. :D Anyway, time will tell.
lotora

https://www.spreaker.com/user/7418966/sporttrade (Podcast: "Gambling With an Edge")
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megarain

V interesting podcast.

I would like to bet a lot of money the no delay in-play doesnt last.

The guy speaks v well and clearly understands the product, but no delays for in-play betting on sports will never work.
megarain

ok .. so, I withdraw my offer to bet a lot of money there will be no in-play delay.

There are some v clever technologies in the pipeline (not Betfair).

If implemented, betting delays on both exchange and betting sites would be a thing of the past.
wearthefoxhat

megarain wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:56 am
ok .. so, I withdraw my offer to bet a lot of money there will be no in-play delay.

If implemented, betting delays on both exchange and betting sites would be a thing of the past.

On the podcast he says It's only available on IOS for now with a plan to incorporate android in a year or so. Also the structure only allows market makers who have made the investment from their end to set up automation/direct feeds. It could change as/if it grows, but his vision is different to Betfair's approach.

Interesting he would encourage courtsiders on the view that those that watch sport are more likely to place a bet/trade.

American sport, ie: NFL, would be a good market to get into from the UK end as it's lends itself to data analysis really well. I'm working on a NFL prediction model that might be able to find value spots, but there are a lot of unknowns in the data. Understanding the college american football scene and their player pool maybe required long term.
arbitrage16

megarain wrote:

This is interesting. Do you have any more information about this please?
megarain

Sorry, I was asked not to discuss in an open forum.
ShaunWhite

megarain wrote:

? There's no in-play delay on cancellations with Betfair, only on placement.

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”