- BetDEX Exchange Becomes First Fully-Licensed Sports Betting Exchange On Blockchain

lotora

The Silk Run

Have you ever thought about Black Sports, Cock Fighting in particular. I will give you some leads if your interested ...
lotora

Winners Are WELCOME!

https://youtu.be/7xhA_v-uNuM
lotora

https://www.prnewswire.com/apac/news-re ... 81624.html

- BetDEX Exchange set to add Cricket Markets ahead of IPL 2023
ShaunWhite

lotora wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:30 am
https://www.prnewswire.com/apac/news-re ... 81624.html

- BetDEX Exchange set to add Cricket Markets ahead of IPL 2023
Great just what we need, declining money in the betting world and now it's spread around even more thinly.

There's a reason we don't have 10 LSEs or 10 LIFFEs, list a stock 'aka a sports market' on one exchange and we might see some proper numbers, the sporting bodies should have a bidding process to award the betting rights to a single operator.

The Betfair pseudo-monopoly gets a lot of stick but at least it put most of the money in one pile and even that's not very high lately.
ikky

Gambling is a rapidly decling industry (even as USA legalises States).

AI will provide perfect odds within maybe 5 yrs, so everyone will see the futility of gambling with counter-parties taking 5% profit margin.

Unless u 'know' something, its futile.
ShaunWhite

ikky wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:31 pm
AI will provide perfect odds within maybe 5 yrs
AI and ML have been around for years and it's not changed the landscape much. Fortunatly in sports there's so many variables and so many approaches (HFT, fair pricing, fundamentals modelling etc ) that systems rarely cause the markets to lock into one price.

And with any way to calculate price it's never a point, it's a range. Most things to bet on are unreliable blood and bone not a machine so these systems pull each other around and where there's movement there's always a dollar to be made. In fact a market dominated by AI systems keeping the price in a predictable well defined range would be an advantage in many ways. Knowing the top and bottom would make this a breeze.
Emmson

Imagine if all that Indian cricket money found another place like one of these newbies Iotora brings us now and then, Betfair would be dealt a gigantic hammer blow.
lotora

- BetDEX obtains Ireland license for expansion into EU

https://www.globalvillagespace.com/uk/b ... n-into-eu/
lotora

I hope Bet Angel will contact BetDEX!
ShaunWhite

lotora wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:27 am
Have you got a link to their api documentation?
lotora

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:46 pm
lotora wrote:
Have you got a link to their api documentation?
Good point! No!
Euler

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:36 pm
ikky wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:31 pm
AI will provide perfect odds within maybe 5 yrs
AI and ML have been around for years and it's not changed the landscape much. Fortunatly in sports there's so many variables and so many approaches (HFT, fair pricing, fundamentals modelling etc ) that systems rarely cause the markets to lock into one price.

And with any way to calculate price it's never a point, it's a range. Most things to bet on are unreliable blood and bone not a machine so these systems pull each other around and where there's movement there's always a dollar to be made. In fact a market dominated by AI systems keeping the price in a predictable well defined range would be an advantage in many ways. Knowing the top and bottom would make this a breeze.
Everybody has been telling me since the day I said I was going to do this that it was a stupid idea and that it wouldn't work for so many reasons. It didn't matter how much I turned over or made, some people just couldn't come to terms with it. That is always going to be the case, as is the ability to make money from it.
Euler

lotora wrote:
We get approached a few times a week to develop for 'new' exchanges and platforms. The problem is that's as far as the conversation gets, they seem to think that we can just drop tools and develop, test, support and market their platform, just because they created it.

It's a very naive approach and when we get approached like this, I realise they don't really have much of a chance of getting established if they can't get the basics right.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:37 pm
lotora wrote:
We get approached a few times a week to develop for 'new' exchanges and platforms. The problem is that's as far as the conversation gets, they seem to think that we can just drop tools and develop, test, support and market their platform, just because they created it.

It's a very naive approach and when we get approached like this, I realise they don't really have much of a chance of getting established if they can't get the basics right.
They also seem to think they can create something by appealing to pros, rarely any groundbreaking attempt to gain customers for us. Build it and we'll be there but don't expect us to be there first providing all your liquidity unless there's some kickback.

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”