Football Index

jamesg46

rik wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:14 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:19 am
I know he's not popular around here but credit to Berry for exposing this shit show, he took a lot of flack but hopefully he saved some people from wasting a few quid... most people would of turned the other cheek in favour of popularity.
I had seen his video on football index, whats he done that hes not popular?
There is just a genuine dislike for him around here... once upon a time... :lol: him and his boyfriend had some sort of sm campaign going that was targeting BA, in particular he had some fetish for Peter but ultimately it just left a bad taste in the mouths of some BA users/forum members. There is probably a long list of reasons that vary for each individual, but yeah he's not a forum fav... The End. :D
LeTiss

Caan Berry is a wanker

He seems to have a deep rooted envy of Peter Webb

He's jealous of Peter's articulate videos, and he's jealous of Peter's trading achievements (especially Bet Angel)

He embarked upon a social media campaign which attacked Peter personally with snide, immature insults. On YouTube he attacked anybody who mentioned Bet Angel's powerful benefits
Trader Pat

LeTiss wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:54 pm
Caan Berry is a wanker
:lol: Say what you really feel!

I don't have anything against him personally but its interesting that when PW posts something on Twitter after a month or two CB will sometimes post about the same topic and sometimes nearly word for word. And as for trading ability I've seen some of the content of his video packs and its very very basic stuff and before the pandemic hit he always seemed to be snowboarding or on holiday some where when there was a big race meeting on. And there's actually very little trading content on his Twitter feed, he's usually banging on about bookies or football index or peddling his matched betting service.

Having said all that good luck to the bloke, he wrote a book and it was a top seller on Amazon and any vids he does put on YouTube get a lot of positive feedback. It's like I've said many times, trading is technically pretty simple and if you're the first person to 'sell' the basics to a new trader then he'll think you're a genius.
jamesedwards

A further 50% drop today with the big names now down 85-95% in value since Friday.
LeTiss

I feel gutted for anyone caught in this shitshow. Football Index are now dead

They claimed recently that they had 'never been in a stronger financial position'

People have been lied to, and the directors should be investigated
Euler

It's another unfortunate episode for the betting industry which constantly fails to cover itself in glory. We were approached a few times by FI, but didn't take it any further. I never even registered for an account, so never really kept track on it or it's true mechanics.

But you have to say, it's not dissimilar to a number of crazy things you see in both gambling and financial industries. If you look around there are a whole host of dodgy things just waiting to be discovered but lots never get highllight. I do wonder though, if the negative publicity actually caused a run on FI here?

Caan got lucky here. His MO for quite some time now is to find a high hitting keyword and then produce a video and blog on that. Football index was a high ranking keyword, but also try googling Hugh Taylor tips, Racing Blogger, or any number of things including, as has been highlighted, us!

But credit to those who highlighted the issue as a means of warning others.
jamesedwards

Looks like it's gone already. Administrators called in. All trading suspended and balances frozen. Wow!

https://trade.footballindex.co.uk/compa ... nt-110321/
Euler

Sort of feels like a run on a bank. If there is liquidity the whole thing keeps turning, but once it dries up it's all over.

Could easily apply to so many other things at the moment.

Probably not the best piece of timing, given the government's review into Gambling.

Curiously, I've not received one bit of correspondence from any Bet Angel customers. So I'm guessing very few were active on there?
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:26 pm
Sort of feels like a run on a bank. If there is liquidity the whole thing keeps turning, but once it dries up it's all over.

Could easily apply to so many other things at the moment.

Probably not the best piece of timing, given the government's review into Gambling.

Curiously, I've not received one bit of correspondence from any Bet Angel customers. So I'm guessing very few were active on there?
Yes it's quite amazing how quick it turns, 5 years worth of growth gone in just over 6 months and the companies bust.

People keep saying they've 'ruined a great concept' but it was never that anyway as it was never sustainable imo.

I would hope a lot on here always heed caution when it seemed everybody was winning, like you say it's a lot like other things at the moment.
silkysoph

I thought I'd stick my head up above the parapet and admit I did dabble in the index but only just under a couple of hundred about 18months ago via Bet Chat recco.I took out dividends whenever I could and several months ago started selling players and managed good prices.At present at close of play have about £130 in there Not enough to worry about bailiffs knocking on the door but prefer it to be in my Betfair account.Lesson learned.👍
Crazyskier

Just read about this finally being pulled. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/marke ... -bust.html

I feel sorry for the guys n gals that have had their deposits 'frozen'.

Hopefully none of our regulars were stung too badly.

CS
Emmson

I'm sure this lot were sponsoring shows on Times Radio, should be more careful where they take their money from.
Euler

Crazyskier wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:05 pm
Just read about this finally being pulled. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/marke ... -bust.html

CS
Given how little chatter there has been about it, I don't think so. But most of the members are battle-hardened veterans and can see through most of the garbage out there it seems.

This has echos of all those sports betting 'hedge funds' that pop up from time to time.
Crazyskier

Euler wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:11 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:05 pm

CS
Given how little chatter there has been about it, I don't think so. But most of the members are battle-hardened veterans and can see through most of the garbage out there it seems.

This has echos of all those sports betting 'hedge funds' that pop up from time to time.
True, Peter. Though I must say that to a casual observer like me, a certain Tony Bloom still seems to be doing alright with his algo-driven systems at Starlizard. Heck, even the horses he owns are almost all net positive returns to flat stakes at SP.

He certainly seems to consistently find those edges and exploit them to the full, though I guess he tends to keep them all in-house for that reason, and isn't likely to open the floodgates to the masses as Footy Index did.

CS
Euler

I wouldn't lump Bloom or similar under that guise. Was talking more about the speculative funds that pop up and claim they come up with this great idea to turn sports betting into an investment for joe punter.

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”