Football Index

Naffman

They now show how many divs each player has earnt in the past 12 months - like Mason Greenwood has earnt 11p in divs last 12 months yet his price in Sept. was £9.57, he's now 2.52/2.7 :lol: and you only get to hold that bet for 3 years.

It seems it's all about media dividends so that's why Sancho's price hit almost £15 as he's earnt £2.78 in 12 months but considering he dominated all the summer transfer headlines he couldn't possibly keep that going and the free market is now figuring that out.
MAGTRADEUK

ruthlessimon wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:24 pm
https://www.celebdaq.co.uk/
Brain mulch for the TOWIE, CHESIRE HOUSEWIVES ET ALL MASSES.............And they say the human race gets smarter......... !!!
Euler

Naffman wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:41 am
You only get to hold that bet for 3 years.
So it's a term limited contract as well? The impression I got was that it was in perpetuity, but I haven't really bothered much with it or researched it. That would add a whole new dimension to it.
Realrocknrolla

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:36 am
Naffman wrote:
So it's a term limited contract as well? The impression I got was that it was in perpetuity, but I haven't really bothered much with it or researched it. That would add a whole new dimension to it.
Not heard the term perpetuity in a while... usually heard it on the Timeshare presentations getting my free gift or park tickets! 😂
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:36 am
Naffman wrote:
99% sure it is and I think you're only eligible for matchday dividends (if your player is one of the top performing players on that day) if that contract was bought within 28 days so you basically have to keep buying to get these.

All about the dividends though lads :lol:
Euler

If the contract terms is limited and dividends know then, in theory, you should be able to pin a true value on a market.

It would be the discounted return of dividends and a terminal value, in this case zero.
jamesg46

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:34 pm
If the contract terms is limited and dividends know then, in theory, you should be able to pin a true value on a market.

It would be the discounted return of dividends and a terminal value, in this case zero.
People are saying that term limits aren't an issue because they can simply sell their shares at the end of the term and then buy new shares in the same player giving them another 3 years. Obviously this doesn't take into consideration the decline in share price.
Euler

It's sort of misleading to list them as shares in which case as what you effectively have is a traded option with an underlying value.
sionascaig

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:55 pm
It's sort of misleading to list them as shares in which case as what you effectively have is a traded option with an underlying value.
But with dividends... Plenty of stuff out there for placing a value on options re time decay & if I remember rightly there is some spiky stuff that goes on with options re dividend declarations - although the post above about holding them for a certain amount of time may smooth that out (or create another spike based on expectations!)...
Euler

I modelled traded options with fixed expiries and with or without dividends in the 90's. Still have the model somewhere.

Though it's not much use here it seems unless you can short? Can you sell on FI without buying first?
jamesg46

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:55 pm
I think that hits the nail on the head.
jamesg46

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:02 pm
I modelled traded options with fixed expiries and with or without dividends in the 90's. Still have the model somewhere.

Though it's not much use here it seems unless you can short? Can you sell on FI without buying first?
That would be nice to know actually. If you could short without buying then I'd probably be interested.
Naffman

After a tiny rally from Xmas, the Footie (yes that's real don't laugh) has taken a sharp nosedive as FI have announced matchday dividends are coming to an end.

The shares are worthless, the only way to make money is to buy that one player who dominates the transfer headlines through the summer.
jamesedwards

Naffman wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:05 pm
After a tiny rally from Xmas, the Footie (yes that's real don't laugh) has taken a sharp nosedive as FI have announced matchday dividends are coming to an end.

The shares are worthless, the only way to make money is to buy that one player who dominates the transfer headlines through the summer.
You're confusing In-Play Dividends with Match Day Dividends. IPD are being removed but these only ever applied for the first month you owned the shares anyway as they were brought in to promote trading (as trading drives commission). MDD and Media Divs continue as usual.
Naffman

jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:12 pm
Naffman wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:05 pm

You're confusing In-Play Dividends with Match Day Dividends. IPD are being removed but these only ever applied for the first month you owned the shares anyway as they were brought in to promote trading (as trading drives commission). MDD and Media Divs continue as usual.
I didn't know there was MDD but I imagine a lot of people were trading in and out of the same player to get access to the IPD every month. I'm really quite amazed anyone is still investing especially when FI can change the rules anytime they want.

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”