Football Index

Naffman

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:38 am
Wow. All markets suspended from 6.30pm today followed by announcement of new dividend structure which slashes ROI. Market reopens at 7am tomorrow. I'm fortunate to be well out of this I feel.
Unlike last time there will be almost no buyers now, every man and his dog will be wanting to sell, the end of FI can't be far away.

Glad you got out, the warnings were there for everyone but some just ignored it.
jamesedwards

Carnage... :o
FI carnage.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Naffman

Sancho hit £15 in the summer, now he's 0.91/1.68...if FI is still here in 3 months I'll be surprised
jamesedwards

Prices have halved again through the day, now typically down 60-80% in 24 hours.
fi carnage2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Naffman

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:34 pm
Prices have halved again through the day, now typically down 60-80% in 24 hours.
fi carnage2.PNG
Some people have lost 6 figures that's how insane this is, they expected crazy returns from the company they were betting against.
jamesedwards

For completeness here is the final impact from first day's trading following new dividend announcement. Roughly 75-85% wiped off the most popular holdings.
fi carnage3.PNG
jamesg46

I know he's not popular around here but credit to Berry for exposing this shit show, he took a lot of flack but hopefully he saved some people from wasting a few quid... most people would of turned the other cheek in favour of popularity.
Naffman

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:19 am
I know he's not popular around here but credit to Berry for exposing this shit show, he took a lot of flack but hopefully he saved some people from wasting a few quid... most people would of turned the other cheek in favour of popularity.
Yes he warned people but most people had too much skin in the game so couldn't see it, fair dos for him not gloating too as I'm sure he would want to. As much as I wanted FI to fail I really don't like seeing the human impact its caused a lot players, even if they should've seen it coming.

FI trustpilot rating now 2.8* from 3.8* from a couple of days ago that had been well above 4* a few months ago, the Athletic now wanting to do an investigation and word of mouth effectively gone, if they last another month now I'd be shocked.
jamesg46

Naffman wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:10 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Yes he warned people but most people had too much skin in the game so couldn't see it, fair dos for him not gloating too as I'm sure he would want to. As much as I wanted FI to fail I really don't like seeing the human impact its caused a lot players, even if they should've seen it coming.

FI trustpilot rating now 2.8* from 3.8* from a couple of days ago that had been well above 4* a few months ago, the Athletic now wanting to do an investigation and word of mouth effectively gone, if they last another month now I'd be shocked.
I agree, defo not nice to see. Some of the influencers within that community with big sm following off the back of FI I feel should of come out against it, instead they doubled down on how everything was ok and some magic liquidity would one day arrive. They were probably feeling the same negative impact on their bank balances (if they were still active.)
rik

jamesg46 wrote:
I had seen his video on football index, whats he done that hes not popular?
jamesg46

rik wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:14 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
I had seen his video on football index, whats he done that hes not popular?
There is just a genuine dislike for him around here... once upon a time... :lol: him and his boyfriend had some sort of sm campaign going that was targeting BA, in particular he had some fetish for Peter but ultimately it just left a bad taste in the mouths of some BA users/forum members. There is probably a long list of reasons that vary for each individual, but yeah he's not a forum fav... The End. :D
LeTiss

Caan Berry is a wanker

He seems to have a deep rooted envy of Peter Webb

He's jealous of Peter's articulate videos, and he's jealous of Peter's trading achievements (especially Bet Angel)

He embarked upon a social media campaign which attacked Peter personally with snide, immature insults. On YouTube he attacked anybody who mentioned Bet Angel's powerful benefits
Trader Pat

LeTiss wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:54 pm
Caan Berry is a wanker
:lol: Say what you really feel!

I don't have anything against him personally but its interesting that when PW posts something on Twitter after a month or two CB will sometimes post about the same topic and sometimes nearly word for word. And as for trading ability I've seen some of the content of his video packs and its very very basic stuff and before the pandemic hit he always seemed to be snowboarding or on holiday some where when there was a big race meeting on. And there's actually very little trading content on his Twitter feed, he's usually banging on about bookies or football index or peddling his matched betting service.

Having said all that good luck to the bloke, he wrote a book and it was a top seller on Amazon and any vids he does put on YouTube get a lot of positive feedback. It's like I've said many times, trading is technically pretty simple and if you're the first person to 'sell' the basics to a new trader then he'll think you're a genius.
jamesedwards

A further 50% drop today with the big names now down 85-95% in value since Friday.
LeTiss

I feel gutted for anyone caught in this shitshow. Football Index are now dead

They claimed recently that they had 'never been in a stronger financial position'

People have been lied to, and the directors should be investigated

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”