Football Index

Naffman

Freefall
jamesg46

I'm sorry I ever left you Twatter :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Naffman

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:59 pm
The FI community now hate him more than us lot :lol:
jamesg46

Naffman wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:29 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:59 pm
The FI community now hate him more than us lot :lol:
You would think that its better to sometimes say nothing but that video has bagged him some controversial attention and his returns will probably come from the sale of a few book and video pack sales from people who are desperate to make back their losses.
jamesg46

Its painful to see some of the comments floating about... things like "we are just waiting for liquidity to be installed and then everything will be fine" like its a piece of software that can be plugged in by FI to make the pain stop.

Berry seems to be investing a lot of his time debating with people, I have to wonder what's in it for him.
Westerner

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:37 am
Naffman wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:23 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:57 am

Great business model for (FI)... you give me cash for something that doesn't exist or hold any fixed value that we can constantly sell more of and in return we will pay you a tiny % of your money back as a Dividend. Money flows in like a river and trickles back out of a hose pipe. It's deeply troubling what the optics of this are going to be for the exchange industry, not if it goes tits up but when.
That's a great summary
Naffman

Look at this guy
FI.jpg
Not only are those dividends absolutely terrible on a 3 year bet (unless he's held them for a couple of weeks tops which is highly doubtful) but those prices have absolutely plummeted, TAA ix now 3.72, Sancho is now 4.70, Havertz 1.42 and Dybala 1.44.

And he won't even be able to get out at those prices given the amount he's invested, it'd be like trying to get a £10k bet matched at Scottsville.

But it's 'all about the dividends' even though they're trash too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Am I reading that correctly, he owns £180k of Trent yielding 0.5% or is that his 'market cap'
MAGTRADEUK

Aboslutely, I gave Caan a couple of messages, but did not send anything out to the FI forum, typical type of place, where those who are well down fall in love or protect their "investment" so they can get it to come back up and get their losses back, the most venomous are usually the ones that are up to the hilt in bad positions. The thing just seems to be some big spread bet derivative scheme to me, just playing on people who are avid football fans. Unfortunately most dont realise they are just trading derivatives and are not investing. IMHO
wearthefoxhat

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:37 am
Naffman wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:23 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:57 am
It seems the new CEO has recognised the call for liquidity providers from their existing customers, probably due to them losing thousands daily. Problem is Football Index won't attract any serious liquidity providers without a fixed float. Imagine a crypto that could just keep pumping more crypto coins into circulation, it would be worthless. Football Index are acting like the Federal Reserve and just printing shares, its laughable and anyone with a portfolio I'm afraid will at some point end up licking their wounds.
And the problem is that's the only way they can keep paying dividends as the commission is nowhere near enough to fund it.

The FI community blames the 'order book system' for all their losses to make it like an exchange which I think is a good idea but still FI will be paying these dividends out which for the life of me cannot see how they can afford.

Seems a few smart people (well not smart otherwise they wouldn't have got involved in it) are/have got rid of their portfolios and with new customers avoiding it like the plague it feels almost a matter of time before liquidity runs out.
I've just been on Twatter after reading your post to take a look & it's a bloodbath. FI are able to pay a Dividend because they're the ones holding the cash from the worthless shares sold, infact they're the only ones in this with anything that is actually worth something.

Great business model for (FI)... you give me cash for something that doesn't exist or hold any fixed value that we can constantly sell more of and in return we will pay you a tiny % of your money back as a Dividend. Money flows in like a river and trickles back out of a hose pipe. It's deeply troubling what the optics of this are going to be for the exchange industry, not if it goes tits up but when.
Reminds me a tad of the crypto scams 3 years ago.

Who can forget, Bitconnnnnnnect....

bitcon.png

All joking aside, there were some hard lessons learned for some, others yet to.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/01 ... ocurrency/

They operated a lending platform, a buying of a token (for bitcoin) that also had a value at the time. The model that was used back then has some similarites to FI....(although not linked to crypto)

model.png

The article Peter posted up about the moving around of directors and the current lack of liquidity, wouldn't surprise me if "someone" pulls the plug on the whole website and drops out of sight in the same way as the crypto scams did. :? :shock:
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:58 am
Am I reading that correctly, he owns £180k of Trent yielding 0.5% or is that his 'market cap'
Pretty sure it means he has 17.8k shares in him for a total cost of 158.8k :shock:
jamesedwards

Euler wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:58 am
He owned £180k of TAA at that time. The £1k dividends would have been since he first bought shares in that player which is unknown so it can't be used to calculate a %.

TAA is currently £3.71 to buy and £3.36 to sell so if he still owns those share they are now worth less than £60k if he wanted to sell them.

Sancho is currently £4.77/£4.53 so that's another c.£100k+ loss.
Naffman

Spreads have increased to make people feel better about the creek they are currently in.
jamesg46

Un fu*cking believable.

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”