Football Index

Crazyskier

Just read about this finally being pulled. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/marke ... -bust.html

I feel sorry for the guys n gals that have had their deposits 'frozen'.

Hopefully none of our regulars were stung too badly.

CS
Emmson

I'm sure this lot were sponsoring shows on Times Radio, should be more careful where they take their money from.
Euler

Crazyskier wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:05 pm
Just read about this finally being pulled. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/marke ... -bust.html

CS
Given how little chatter there has been about it, I don't think so. But most of the members are battle-hardened veterans and can see through most of the garbage out there it seems.

This has echos of all those sports betting 'hedge funds' that pop up from time to time.
Crazyskier

Euler wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:11 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:05 pm

CS
Given how little chatter there has been about it, I don't think so. But most of the members are battle-hardened veterans and can see through most of the garbage out there it seems.

This has echos of all those sports betting 'hedge funds' that pop up from time to time.
True, Peter. Though I must say that to a casual observer like me, a certain Tony Bloom still seems to be doing alright with his algo-driven systems at Starlizard. Heck, even the horses he owns are almost all net positive returns to flat stakes at SP.

He certainly seems to consistently find those edges and exploit them to the full, though I guess he tends to keep them all in-house for that reason, and isn't likely to open the floodgates to the masses as Footy Index did.

CS
Euler

I wouldn't lump Bloom or similar under that guise. Was talking more about the speculative funds that pop up and claim they come up with this great idea to turn sports betting into an investment for joe punter.
Mr.Teeny

Never really understood football index, just like I don’t understand crypto. They both seem quite similar, a fanatical online fan base, making it very difficult to differentiate between the genuine users and the shills , and prices only seem to go up !

Also, until this crash, it seems as if everyone makes money. Maybe that’s why the users are so fanatical, they don’t want it to end. Anyone who questions them gets attacked usually with lines like “ you don’t understand crypto” or “ you haven’t got a clue how football index works” etc.

I’m generalising here, and I’m sure there are some smart youngsters out there doing well. Though the majority of the young investors / gamblers all seem pretty dumb to me, at least the ones I read on the internet do. Though I guess you never quite know what you’re reading online, hard to know what’s real and what isn’t.

But all this rocket ship talk, paper hands, diamond hands etc just seems really childish. I’m quite glad it crashed as it will teach a few a lesson that they are yet to learn.

At least on the betting exchanges you get a proper schooling right from the outset. You learn very quickly that there is no easy money out there. Maybe that’s why the younger generation prefer to invest in coins, crypto and fantasy football fantasy stock markets.
Euler

Everything does seem extremely speculative at the moment, everywhere.

A lot of people seem to get very confused with investment vs speculation and price vs value. It never ends well.
xtrader16

Because of this pandemic Governments are pumping plane loads of money into the economic system, by that I mean giving it to the banks. The banks are not giving it to the people and instead are pumping it into the equity market and corporate bond markets. At some point inflation will take hold and interest on Bonds will increase. I know people who were given £50,000 as "bounce back loans" on LTD companies that only exist on paper. They are ploughing that money into the housing market which is creating a bubble.

Once the Government pull this support the whole thing could fold like a pack of cards. Inflation/unemployment will go through the roof and your £ will be worthless. Gold and Cypto are the only assets immune to this boom bust cycle that is why BTC is at $57,000.

I can see Banks being removed from the economic system and replaced by central banks what the FK do we need them for anyway. They are just a middle man we dont need. As soon as blockchain gets mainstream banks are finished.

It is terrible what happened to football index seems like another scam. Didn't trust it from the off.
Crazyskier

xtrader16 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:48 pm
Because of this pandemic Governments are pumping plane loads of money into the economic system, by that I mean giving it to the banks. The banks are not giving it to the people and instead are pumping it into the equity market and corporate bond markets. At some point inflation will take hold and interest on Bonds will increase. I know people who were given £50,000 as "bounce back loans" on LTD companies that only exist on paper. They are ploughing that money into the housing market which is creating a bubble.

Once the Government pull this support the whole thing could fold like a pack of cards. Inflation/unemployment will go through the roof and your £ will be worthless. Gold and Cypto are the only assets immune to this boom bust cycle that is why BTC is at $57,000.

I can see Banks being removed from the economic system and replaced by central banks what the FK do we need them for anyway. They are just a middle man we dont need. As soon as blockchain gets mainstream banks are finished.

It is terrible what happened to football index seems like another scam. Didn't trust it from the off.
And yet the pound sterling is at it's highest rate for over a year. Go figure.

CS
Mr.Teeny

Does anybody know of anyone who has lost money trading crypto ?

I’ve heard countless tales of people losing money in betting markets. Particularly recently with all the reviews going on, and plenty of examples beforehand too. It’s quite obvious that if you enter betting markets you are at high risk that you will lose money. I think that is made clear.

Though some people still seem to be amazed when they lose and want to blame everybody but themselves.

I hardly know anybody that owns any crypto, though those that do, it’s either gone up, or stayed around the same. Don’t know anybody who has lost. Nobody online seems to have lost. Same as with FI before the crash, there were no losers. Where as on betfair there are loads of losers, so it’s easy to see how it’s possible for those who work at it to win.

I remember reading through Twitter when the betting review was imminent and there was one account, who was claiming to have been groomed and relieved of all his money by evil bookmakers who preyed on him being an addict. On his feed was the usual tweets and retweets from the anti gambling brigade. Yet also, on the same feed, there were loads of tweets and retweets promoting all these different crypto coins etc that I’ve never heard of , actively encouraging others to invest.

He obviously wasn’t addicted to crypto, because he was seemingly winning !

Just seems odd to me, though nothing makes sense to me in this world anymore, nothing adds up.
Euler

I recently spotted that the company was crowdfunded and the business model was known since it was founded it appears: -

https://www.seedrs.com/football-index

Very clearly laid out.
trader4

Massive implications for the uk gambling commission here. Looks like they are up the creek without a paddle. This document was presented to UKGC in Jan 2020 and yet they did nothing even though they were told it was a pyrimid scheme.

Not sure really that they can be considered fit for purpose assuming that is their purpose to protect customers maybe it isnt.

Need to read the attachments from the bottom up in each seperate post for the correct order
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by trader4 on Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
trader4

pages 4 5 6
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trader4

pages 7 8 9

interested to know peoples thoughts. I wasnt a customer of football index but have followed the story closely because i think it has implications for the whole gambling sector. Whoever wrote that document deserves a medal. He/She was absolutely on the ball.

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”