Football Index

jamesg46

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:55 pm
It's sort of misleading to list them as shares in which case as what you effectively have is a traded option with an underlying value.
I think that hits the nail on the head.
jamesg46

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:02 pm
I modelled traded options with fixed expiries and with or without dividends in the 90's. Still have the model somewhere.

Though it's not much use here it seems unless you can short? Can you sell on FI without buying first?
That would be nice to know actually. If you could short without buying then I'd probably be interested.
Naffman

After a tiny rally from Xmas, the Footie (yes that's real don't laugh) has taken a sharp nosedive as FI have announced matchday dividends are coming to an end.

The shares are worthless, the only way to make money is to buy that one player who dominates the transfer headlines through the summer.
jamesedwards

Naffman wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:05 pm
After a tiny rally from Xmas, the Footie (yes that's real don't laugh) has taken a sharp nosedive as FI have announced matchday dividends are coming to an end.

The shares are worthless, the only way to make money is to buy that one player who dominates the transfer headlines through the summer.
You're confusing In-Play Dividends with Match Day Dividends. IPD are being removed but these only ever applied for the first month you owned the shares anyway as they were brought in to promote trading (as trading drives commission). MDD and Media Divs continue as usual.
Naffman

jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:12 pm
Naffman wrote:

You're confusing In-Play Dividends with Match Day Dividends. IPD are being removed but these only ever applied for the first month you owned the shares anyway as they were brought in to promote trading (as trading drives commission). MDD and Media Divs continue as usual.
I didn't know there was MDD but I imagine a lot of people were trading in and out of the same player to get access to the IPD every month. I'm really quite amazed anyone is still investing especially when FI can change the rules anytime they want.
jamesedwards

Naffman wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:45 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:12 pm
Naffman wrote:

I didn't know there was MDD but I imagine a lot of people were trading in and out of the same player to get access to the IPD every month. I'm really quite amazed anyone is still investing especially when FI can change the rules anytime they want.
Yes you used to get 1p for every assist and 2p for every goal for 30 days after purchase. With the collapse of prices it was becoming a popular strategy to churn through cheaper players who had high assist and goal ratio. As you would expect these players saw their price drop off a cliff and many have been burnt again.
sionascaig

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... hare-price

Looks like a few issues are being experienced, And CaanB getting a lot of abuse for pointing them out.
Naffman

sionascaig wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:47 am
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... hare-price

Looks like a few issues are being experienced, And CaanB getting a lot of abuse for pointing them out.
Approx his last 40 reviews on his book are nearly all 1* and posted on the same date :lol:

He's a knob yes but so are the FI lot who also have 5 figure sums invested and negative publicity certainly won't improve their position so I guess that's why you see the anger/trolling.
jamesedwards

Wow. All markets suspended from 6.30pm today followed by announcement of new dividend structure which slashes ROI. Market reopens at 7am tomorrow. I'm fortunate to be well out of this I feel.
jamesedwards

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:38 am
Wow. All markets suspended from 6.30pm today followed by announcement of new dividend structure which slashes ROI. Market reopens at 7am tomorrow. I'm fortunate to be well out of this I feel.
Around 75% reduction in ROI of top earners based on this quick calc that I found on Twitter. Bloodbath in the morning I expect. Heart goes out to anyone still heavily invested in this. :(
fi fucked.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jamesedwards on Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naffman

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:38 am
Unlike last time there will be almost no buyers now, every man and his dog will be wanting to sell, the end of FI can't be far away.

Glad you got out, the warnings were there for everyone but some just ignored it.
jamesedwards

Carnage... :o
FI carnage.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Naffman

Sancho hit £15 in the summer, now he's 0.91/1.68...if FI is still here in 3 months I'll be surprised
jamesedwards

Prices have halved again through the day, now typically down 60-80% in 24 hours.
fi carnage2.PNG
Naffman

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:34 pm
Prices have halved again through the day, now typically down 60-80% in 24 hours.
fi carnage2.PNG
Some people have lost 6 figures that's how insane this is, they expected crazy returns from the company they were betting against.

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”