Citibet....

Tamawilliams1

Has anyone looked or used Citibet? Some huge liquidity and huge discounts? Whats everyones thoughts?
LeTiss

They are based in China I believe. I have no idea who even owns them, in fact I'm not sure anybody does. They are totally unregulated, they pay nothing to the levy board, and there has been numerous finger pointing at Citibet for simply being a vehicle that allows money laundering activities, plus other organised crime from Asia. If you had a problem with them, or you had been the victim of a fraud on their site........I wouldn't fancy your chances at getting the issues resolved!!
Naffman

LeTiss wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:26 am
They are based in China I believe. I have no idea who even owns them, in fact I'm not sure anybody does. They are totally unregulated, they pay nothing to the levy board, and there has been numerous finger pointing at Citibet for simply being a vehicle that allows money laundering activities, plus other organised crime from Asia. If you had a problem with them, or you had been the victim of a fraud on their site........I wouldn't fancy your chances at getting the issues resolved!!
Kinda sounds like the bookmakers in the Uk then
xitian

As far as I know it's a black market. Authorities in Asia probably want to close it down but aren't able to.

I expect it's something which could close down overnight and any money you had deposited there would be lost and you'd have no protection against it. At the same time there could well be good opportunities in those markets. I plan to look into it in a bit more detail sometime. Though I've been saying that for years.
The dog of ry

Wondering if anybody has any experience with these guys since the original post?

https://www.scmp.com/sport/racing/artic ... -exchanges
Naffman

No but I heard Mark Read (used to be a Melbourne bookie) is a way to get in.

Those figures are insane and you can't really blame people for using them considering the take % of some of these racing bodies
petesmi4715

Is anyone using premium tradings in australia
Leb

Does Citibet offer football or tennis markets or is it just horse racing?
Anbell

Leb wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:17 am
Does Citibet offer football or tennis markets or is it just horse racing?
Not just horse racing
benjaminsalkeld

Citibet is a scam website. DO NOT USE THEM! Here is my experience:

1. Signed up without issue.
2. Deposited money into account without issue.
3. None of their products loaded, just a blank screen.
4. Tried to close my account and was told that in order to do that and get my money back I had to send in ID documents and bank account statements!!

So after lying to me, they then stole my money, they then attempted to steal my identity. They are nothing more than common criminals.
Archangel

A bloke in my local takes bets on a Saturday. Seems to do decent numbers as many of his punters have been restricted by the bookies !

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”