Meetings with blockchain bookies / exchanges

Euler

I'm planning to meet up with a couple of these entities in Q4 on various trips.

I'm interested in what the Bet Angel community would ask them in person or areas you would want to probe? I can't promise that I can echo all answers as I may not be able to, but hopefully I can get some questions answered.
ShaunWhite

I'd ask them to comment on the articles below, and also the ludacrous amout of energy the system is consuming even at present levels. Or what goverments are likely to do with taxation once they can see every penny I receive from absolutely anywhere. Untraceable 'gambling' will soon become a very traceable and obvious source of income. Look at who's really behind Blockchain.

Blockchain is an invasion of privacy, damaging to our entire current fiscal system, and environmentally disasterous. Not a fan. I'd rather open a plastic bag factory if I was that desperate to chase money. We all make our choices though, I'm happy enough without opening Pandora's box. Risk/reward calcs anyone?

Contrarian, moi?

Bitcoin Is Ridiculous. Blockchain Is Dangerous: Paul Ford - Bloomberg

The Danger Of Not Understanding Blockchain And Its Impact - Forbes
gstar1975

Will they be using the app called Yoti or similar for KYC purposes? www.yoti.com It's a London based tech company for confidential trusted identity platform so that the Bookmakers/Betting Exchanges don't get to see your private info but once you have set up a free account with Yoti you can easily confirm your ID without having to go through the KYC document upload process everytime you join a betting exchange etc.
iambic_pentameter

For existing exchanges:

How will they develop their horse racing markets / products to increase liquidity - particularly in running.

For blockchains:

I know from an interaction with Toby at BookiePro that horse racing wasn't a priority for them at launch, so would be interesting to know how other decentralised exchanges view horse racing for their long term growth.

Interesting comments from Shaun and Gstar as well.
ShaunWhite

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:05 am
Interesting comments from Shaun and Gstar as well.
Mine's just the usual bellyaching, I do it because nobody else does. First questions always seem to be 'what will I get' rather than 'what might it cost'.

Traders are supposed to think about risk, it's the day job. But make that risk more esoteric and profound than just robbing a another gambler and they either discount it, accept it or can't even see it.

To all the blockchain fans, what odds do you have on decentralised gambling affecting racing's income from duty? What odds do you put on your grandchildrens' tax return being their ChainLog? What are the odds of adverse geopolitical consequences?

When a bit of harmless fun like social media turned out to be the thing that enabled the Arab Spring and a rise in teenage suicide, then I think it's reasonable to ask those questions when you're promoting a revolution in the global economy so that you can earn an extra tenner.

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”