Solomon Markets - 0% Commission Exchange

Frankie7

Hi,

Has anyone heard of Solomon Markets, they are currently in beta testing. You can sign up for early access. Most importantly they are claiming to be a 0% commission exchange.

I believe they only have markets on football at the moment but plan to include more (Cricket ,Tennis, Horseracing, etc) in the future

Does anyone have any hopes for this exchange 😂 ?

Cheers,
Frankie
LeTiss

I notice they are currently recruiting for marketing experts and computer engineers

No idea who they are, but it's an interesting development for sure
Frankie7

Yes I’ve never heard of them. It’s looks very early days. Will try and get early access and see what it’s all about.
Atho55

BF must be doing this already and still charge commission...

Solomon £ Earner.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Atho55 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:30 pm
BF must be doing this already and still charge commission...

Solomon £ Earner.jpg
All companies do it if they've got any sense but the overnight libor is only about 0.038% so you need a ton of money on deposit to make anything. And they'll be getting a lot less than libor because they're not a bank. I'm not sure this business model passes the sniff test.
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShaunWhite

Not being "weighed down" by employees doesn't give you much confidence in their support and ongoing dev/maintenance.

No such thing as a free lunch.
Naffman

The way they put a smiley face after most sentences doesn't give me much confidence.

It's going to take a massive company to take Betfair on, we saw what happened with Honest Joe.
LeTiss

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:42 pm
Not being "weighed down" by employees doesn't give you much confidence in their support and ongoing dev/maintenance.

No such thing as a free lunch.
Yes. That does ring alarm bells, I must admit
Atho55

Not much difference to BF then...
rik

needs someone with a lot of money thats able to run on a loss for a while in order to get momentum going, not save on personnel etc
Trader Pat

I'll let somebody else deposit their money and more importantly try to withdraw any potential profits before I'd make any kind of decision on it
Euler

I bumped into these guys at some point last year I think. Looks quite speculative and very early doors.
ShaunWhite

Quite interesting that they're Americans this time.

I've asked them for details about their API. Unless they expect people to sit and type numbers in like it's 1990, then they're going to have to provide one. And presumably subsidise anyone investing in making their systems compatible? It's an exchange by name but looks like it's aimed at amateur punters rather than professionals.
LeTiss

I notice their Twitter account was opened in Feb 2018

They have clearly been around for a while

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”