Best betfair alternative from the netherlands for tennis/horseracing??

riskybet

Hi all,

Today I recieved an email from betfair that from 30 september people from the Netherlands aren't allowed to use betfair anymore.

Pretty pissed about this because I like using Betfair and Bet Angel.

I like to trade tennis and horseracing.

Can somebody suggest me a good alternative? Or any tips how to deal with this nonsense. ;)
Kai

I heard about Betfair leaving Netherlands and I always sympathize with situations like that because that's often one of those doomsday scenarios for aspiring traders, although you don't seem to be too heartbroken about it :)

In short the only legit way is to ask Betfair to change the country/address on your account, for which you obviously need sufficient legit proof, but then wherever you want to reside you can trade via VPS like Bet Angel and others.

For specific advice it's best to ask around on digital nomad communities like Reddit, long term for the more serious "foreign" Betfair participants it's probably not a bad idea to invest and get your name on a piece of property somewhere in places like the UK or Malta etc.
Willem

Goedemorgen,

Betfair announced it will stop offering the exhange to customers with a country of residence from the Netherlands.

This is very sad news for me since I am from the Netherlands. I would like to come into contact with other Dutch clients to see what we can do. Please send me a private message.

Thanks
Kai

Sorry to hear that, you can find another poster from NL here : viewtopic.php?f=39&t=24164
Derek27

Do they give reasons for these closures? Are they government or licensing related?
Dallas

Kai wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:28 am
Sorry to hear that, you can find another poster from NL here : viewtopic.php?f=39&t=24164
Just merged these two into one topic
Euler

Is Betdaq available for the Netherlands?
Kai

Don't think so, they only allow a small list of countries and keep changing them over the past few years.

In my case, they allowed us access for a couple of years and then withdrew again this January. Didn't really use the account but still rather annoying.

napshnap

Kai wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:33 pm
Don't think so, they only allow a small list of countries and keep changing them over the past few years.

In my case, they allowed us access for a couple of years and then withdrew again this January. Didn't really use the account but still rather annoying.

They are kidding, right? Four accepted countries?! How they are gonna rival bf with that nonsence?
Dallas

So it's just the UK and Ireland really!
riskybet

Kai wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:04 pm
I heard about Betfair leaving Netherlands and I always sympathize with situations like that because that's often one of those doomsday scenarios for aspiring traders, although you don't seem to be too heartbroken about it :)

In short the only legit way is to ask Betfair to change the country/address on your account, for which you obviously need sufficient legit proof, but then wherever you want to reside you can trade via VPS like Bet Angel and others.

For specific advice it's best to ask around on digital nomad communities like Reddit, long term for the more serious "foreign" Betfair participants it's probably not a bad idea to invest and get your name on a piece of property somewhere in places like the UK or Malta etc.
Believe me I'm heartbroken about it but I don't want to sound too sad. And I still had some hope there would be an other up and coming exchange that I can acces somehow.

Thanks for your reply.
Kai

Maybe Orbit Exchange could be worth a shout?

Not sure if that's a viable alternative but as a white-label exchange (or a clone of Betfair if you will) it has no API/software although everything else is there for rudimentary trading and betting with cash-out. I think you need to open an account through a broker, so perhaps look into that option.

If anyone has experience with Orbit or other Betfair exchange clones feel free to share them.

For basic arbing purposes and such I know there's a Sportmarket Pro service that gives access to Betfair, Betdaq, Matchbook etc, a friend has been using that for years.
Kai

Just remembered that the guys at the Arbusers forum are always on the lookout for Betfair alternatives, there should be some good feedback there.
riskybet

Kai wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:40 am
Just remembered that the guys at the Arbusers forum are always on the lookout for Betfair alternatives, there should be some good feedback there.
Thanks will look into it.

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”