Aver-the World’s First Fully Decentralized Web3 Betting Platform

lotora

- Aver, the World’s First Fully Decentralized Web3 Betting Platform built on the Solera blockchain, Closes $7.5M Seed Funding Round.
- The innovation underlying Aver is a blockchain protocol which enables peer-to-peer matching of bets in a way that does not require a ‘trusted middleman’ - as is the case in a traditional bookmaker or exchange such as Betfair.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/aver-wor ... 00997.html
lotora

-Aver has ambitions to move to an open-source structure over time, allowing for third parties to build applications on top of the technology, such as new features, interfaces and markets, and supporting the continued development of the Aver ecosystem.

Maybe a great opportunity for Bet Angel?
jimibt

very interesting. i can see web3 seeping into many areas. DeFi will definitely be a gamechanger in terms of bottom line savings and the ability to monetise 3rd party apps on top of the eco-system has a huge appeal for the hungry young devs!!
wearthefoxhat

Interesting they call it "Web"3.

Some may mistakenly think Peter might be involved behind the scenes in some way...
jimibt

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:02 am

Some may mistakenly think Peter might be involved behind the scenes in some way...
yeah - tbh, DApp 1 would be a far better term ;)
MobiusGrey

With the UK government set to kill the betting industry in the spring I have a feeling this is probably the future.
jimibt

MobiusGrey wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:28 am
With the UK government set to kill the betting industry in the spring I have a feeling this is probably the future.
would selfishly work extremely well for me as this is the area that i've been focussed on now for the past 12-15 months.. it is coming and is a bit like the same wave that heralded the initial BF exchange back in the day (p2p/decentralisation etc).
PapaShango

The day I have to place a bet in bitcoin, is the day I give up gambling.

Does seem we are heading that way though, unfortunately.

Not allowed to have a bet on a horse or football team with my own money without rigorous intrusive checks, though can buy as many fantasy coins from the magic make believe coin market as I like, no questions asked.
wearthefoxhat

PapaShango wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:05 am
The day I have to place a bet in bitcoin, is the day I give up gambling.

Does seem we are heading that way though, unfortunately.

Not allowed to have a bet on a horse or football team with my own money without rigorous intrusive checks, though can buy as many fantasy coins from the magic make believe coin market as I like, no questions asked.
Even that will eventually change with advanced KYC checks, assuming the country you reside in allow crypto purchases through your account.

If my memory serves me correctly, there were a shed load of ICO's that were set up in 2017/18 and disappeared soon after with 10's of millions lost by investors. I'd tread carefully until it's firmly established with smooth deposits/withdrawals and has some longevity.
wearthefoxhat

jimibt wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:12 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:02 am

yeah - tbh, DApp 1 would be a far better term ;)
;)
ShaunWhite

If its decentralised then I guess its per transaction charging. Rip scratching,
lotora

Cut and pasted from the previous link: 'transaction costs and processing times approximately 1/1,000th of that on Ethereum'
harry

This is a pretty poorly written article! What they refer to as the 'Solera' Blockchain is actually Solana.

Solana has long been touted as the base for lots of new decentralised applications, but it's had its share of issues (e.g. this week during all the crypto volatility it was down for about 48 hours), so it doesn't seem quite ready yet.

There are a bunch of other crypto betting platforms, some of which have already been and gone (e.g. Catnip exchange, which looked like it had great arbs on Trump/Biden but had outrageous blockchain gas fees).

There's Betdex, also on Solana: https://www.betdex.com/

And Augur, on Ethereum: https://augur.net/

FTX, a more reputable (centralised) crypto exchange, listed Biden/Trump 2020 contracts and also has some 2024 contracts available for trading: https://ftx.com/trade/TRUMP2024

I'm sure there's more to come here, but we're not quite there yet.

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”