Thunderbolt port on Thinkpad

tomek154

Evening all

Recently started working from home and been given a Lenovo Thinkpad with something on it i'd never seen before..

A thunderbolt port ..now i've done some googling and it seems this is a way that i can connect a external monitor, is that right ? I currently use the normal hdmi for an external monitor but i'm thinking to add a second one via this thunderbolt thing if thats actually what the port is even for.
Is it a case of just getting a thunderbolt to hdmi lead or am i being a bit naiive?
Apologies if this is a daft question, it's just not something i'd come across before.

Thanks in advance to anyone taking the time to read this..

Cheers
Tom
Realrocknrolla

tomek154 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:47 pm
Evening all

Recently started working from home and been given a Lenovo Thinkpad with something on it i'd never seen before..

A thunderbolt port ..now i've done some googling and it seems this is a way that i can connect a external monitor, is that right ? I currently use the normal hdmi for an external monitor but i'm thinking to add a second one via this thunderbolt thing if thats actually what the port is even for.
Is it a case of just getting a thunderbolt to hdmi lead or am i being a bit naiive?
Apologies if this is a daft question, it's just not something i'd come across before.

Thanks in advance to anyone taking the time to read this..

Cheers
Tom
Thunderbolt ports are decent. Quicker than a USB-C.

Return to “Technology”