Anyone upgraded to Windows 11?

mannheimes

Already updated and everything works fine. Although my friends are afraid to update Windows so that there are no problems with the software.
greenmark

I've fallen foul of MS's decision to only support 8th gen processors.
So my Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz is apparently unsupported for W11.
Powerwise (so far I understand these thngs) my processor is powerful enough by 1.5GHz.
This is a puzzling (and annoying) discovery.
Trader Pat

Has anybody who has upgraded to Windows 11 noticed any sound differences when compared to Windows 10 or had any sound issues in general?

For me volume since upgrading is definitely lower compared to Windows 10 and I've read similiar tales online.
Emmson

I have noticed one annoying difference :evil:

When I have Betfair Live Video playing and its my active window, everything is fine and dandy but when it becomes an inactive window the sound mutes for some reason until such time i make it my active window again, this was not happening on Windows 10
Realrocknrolla

I like the new focus app from Windows 11.

Basic but great idea 💡

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insid ... -insiders/

Maybe BA could apply it built in or something similar in the future.
weemac

Emmson wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:36 pm

When I have Betfair Live Video playing and its my active window, everything is fine and dandy but when it becomes an inactive window the sound mutes for some reason until such time i make it my active window again, this was not happening on Windows 10
I've had that issue on Win 8.1 for a few weeks now, as have a few others.
Tetras

weemac wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:30 pm
Emmson wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:36 pm

I've had that issue on Win 8.1 for a few weeks now, as have a few others.
Bit late to the party, but this has been happening for me too. The weird thing is, it only mutes some meetings (usually the ones I want to trade :lol: ). I think something changed on their end rather than windows.
Derek27

Christmas Day will be a good day, perhaps the best day of the year, to carry out a clean installation of a new OS. :D
Derek27

If you want to hide all those crap folders (pictures, videos, music, etc.) from Explorer that Microsoft think are important but despite thieving usage data from users through a process they call telemetry can't figure out they're completely useless and nobody uses them, here are the intructions.

https://www.askvg.com/tip-remove-6-extr ... r-this-pc/

Return to “Technology”