Laptop Advice

DanSeabourne

Good Evening All,

I just wondered if any of you good people would be able to help me with the purchase of a laptop to trade on. I have been researching and trying to learn on my phone but it is apparent that a laptop is going to be required.

Would you be able to help me with what models of laptop would be suitable please?

Ideally I would rather not spend too much more than £250 at this stage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Dallas

You should be looking at getting something with at least a full-HD screen (1920x1080), an Intel i5 Quad Core CPU or better (a Ryzen 5 if your going for an AMD cpu), at least 8gb RAM and running Windows 10 or 11

You'll probably struggle to find any used laptop under £250 which meets those requirements so if you may have to look at upping your budget a bit, or going for a regular desktop PC which are always a lot cheaper than laptops of similar spec
Crazyskier

I concur with Dallas re min. specs, and would suggest having a look on Gumtree or Shpock for second hand which you should easily get for under £250 with those specs.

For new, the Matebook range from Huawei start around £400 with those specs. Good luck.

CS
johnsheppard

IMO, just shell out the big bucks and save your brain energy for data analysis :)

The expense in computers is the opportunity cost on how to use them aptly... the hardware is INCREADIBLY cheap.. don't mess with second hand unless they are ex-commercial grade like your Lenovo Thinkpads and dells and what not...still...imo not worth penny pinching...it'll cost your more in the long run...

I've worked retail computer sales before...it always amazes me how your regular joe will spend hours and hours analysing things to save $50 or buying a cheap CPU for something they are literally going to be spending HOURS, days, years, of their life on....... the market takes care of efficient pricing...it's highly competitive...

Return to “Technology”