Transferring files

Cannylodge

Is there a way to transfer automation files from your regular desktop windows to the betangel VPS system?
Anbell

Cannylodge wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:22 am
Is there a way to transfer automation files from your regular desktop windows to the betangel VPS system?
copy/paste should work
Anbell

or gmail
Dallas

Most people use a cloud service like Dropbox or One Drive etc
jamesedwards

I can copy and paste files between my desktop and VPS. Once transferred then you import the file into bet angel using the 'import a rules file' button on the 'automation' tab in Guardian.
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:38 pm
I can copy and paste files between my desktop and VPS. Once transferred then you import the file into bet angel using the 'import a rules file' button on the 'automation' tab in Guardian.
I think that depends on the VPS, I used to be able to do that one mine for a long time then swapped to another VPS last year and I can't do it on that one for some reason
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:41 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
I think that depends on the VPS, I used to be able to do that one mine for a long time then swapped to another VPS last year and I can't do it on that one for some reason
Mine has a tick-box option in the settings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:46 pm
Dallas wrote:
jamesedwards wrote:

Thanks very mush for that, I can actually copy and paste between the two so that'll make it so much easier in future for me

That option was already ticked when I checked but I'd never tried just copy and pasting, previously I used the left explorer pane and it was showing like a network drive so I just dragged and dropped through that to move things back and forth
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:52 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Thanks very mush for that, I can actually copy and paste between the two so that'll make it so much easier in future for me

That option was already ticked when I checked but I'd never tried just copy and pasting, previously I used the left explorer pane and it was showing like a network drive so I just dragged and dropped through that to move things back and forth
Glad to have helped you for a change. Only another 99 to go and I will consider us even :lol:
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:30 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:52 pm
jamesedwards wrote:

Glad to have helped you for a change. Only another 99 to go and I will consider us even :lol:
:D

That one bit of info probably cancels out a lot more

Return to “Technology”