New Monitor

Rollox

Hello all
I am looking to purchase a new monitor 43" LG un700 but need some advice pre purchase.
I would like screensetup as follows 4 ladders space apart with advanced graphs in between spread across bottom of screen approx 37" wide. Top right of screen guardian then top left one click or live pictures etc
Was wondering if this would be possible with the above monitor using two 15B x 12H at the moment looking for more screen space.
Many thanks
Rollox
Tuco

Unless someone else happens to have a 43" LG un700 how could they possibly be able to tell you?

If that's the monitor you want, buy it and then try all the screen layouts that you want or can think of.
ShaunWhite

Size isn't the issue it's resolution, you'll get the same amount of info on 24" 4k monitor as you will on a 100" 4K monitor.
Adaliealt

I bought a new monitor Apple's Pro Display XDR provides exceptional color accuracy and build quality at a price that's quite competitive with those of reference-grade pro monitors. It's exquisite enough that swallowing the wildly extravagant cost of its Pro Stand is worth it.
Trader Pat

Rollox wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:11 pm
Hello all
I am looking to purchase a new monitor 43" LG un700 but need some advice pre purchase.
I would like screensetup as follows 4 ladders space apart with advanced graphs in between spread across bottom of screen approx 37" wide. Top right of screen guardian then top left one click or live pictures etc
Was wondering if this would be possible with the above monitor using two 15B x 12H at the moment looking for more screen space.
Many thanks
Rollox

Yes is the answer. Because of the PBP you can effectively split the monitor into four 21" screens or set up it up the way you're describing. You could use the bottom half as a widescreen and then have two 21" screens on top so effectively 3 screens. Or you could have one side of the monitor as a portrait screen so you could have a 40" ladder if you wanted and the other half of the screen split in 2. I added a link and if you scroll down you'll see an example of the PBP where the three guys are sitting around the screen.

I'm guessing you're in the UK so you should have lots of retailers that sell them. I'm looking to buy one of these for myself but I'm in Ireland and I can't get one anywhere unless I order online. I've been to every shop in and around Dublin and most of the sales assistants don't even know what I'm talking about and just try to flog me a widescreen monitor.

Good luck in your search!

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-43un7 ... ed-monitor#
Rollox

HelloTrader Pat,
Many thanks for youre reply, I took the plunge and bought a 4k hisesnse 50 inch, split it into 3 one click screen top left, guardian top right and wide screen at bottom with four ladders and graphs.
Very pleased as I now have more screen real estate.(was using two 15" before).
Trader Pat

Rollox wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:25 pm
HelloTrader Pat,
Many thanks for youre reply, I took the plunge and bought a 4k hisesnse 50 inch, split it into 3 one click screen top left, guardian top right and wide screen at bottom with four ladders and graphs.
Very pleased as I now have more screen real estate.(was using two 15" before).

No problem, glad you got sorted
Silverthorn

AGREED!! Size does matter. :D I have a high def 49in wide format and it's soooo much better than the old 3 monitor setup I used for trading shares.

It's amazing how differently you use all the real-estate once you have the flexibility without bezels splitting it up.

Return to “Technology”